Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
DjP said:
Researching my own question, looks like the dashboard view in ACP on iOS13 is fixed and Apple Maps is the default/only mapping app allowed. Siri (in iOS13) now supports "hey siri, give me directions to Birmingham on google maps", which is good...
Yes, playing with it it seems only Apple maps will work on the dashboard view. If you route on google maps you no longer have the dashboard as an option even.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have just had the 19 InControl software update. Does this have Apple Car Play ? as I can't seem to see it. What is the process for starting it and seeing it please.
There is a suggestion elsewhere I think that it's addition is a chargeable item, but not very sure about this anyone can put me right please as I feel sure it should have been an integral part of the 19 update.

I have just checked and the software version installed is S19A_19.24.2-375121 which hopefully will mean something to some of you out there.

Help and advise would be apreciated

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is not the latest software! There is a S19B version currently being loaded, I believe. I had my car updated to 19A 2 weeks ago and have just been contacted by my dealer to return the car to them again for the new version. I am not sue about Apple Car Play, which I have no interest in, but I believe S19B will enable SOTA (Software Over The Air) which does interest me. We'll see!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
As far as I can see, Apple maps are good for locating a proposed destination - particularly by voice instruction. However the map detail en route is abysmal when comparing with that of the satnav system installed in the car. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Interesting but yet another variable if things go wrong ;) Keen to hear how it goes if you get one, but I'll stick with wired for now and the charging and (relative) stability benefits it provides :)
DjP

·
Registered
203 Posts
Right

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rusk said:
DjP said:
Researching my own question, looks like the dashboard view in ACP on iOS13 is fixed and Apple Maps is the default/only mapping app allowed. Siri (in iOS13) now supports "hey siri, give me directions to Birmingham on google maps", which is good...
Yes, playing with it it seems only Apple maps will work on the dashboard view. If you route on google maps you no longer have the dashboard as an option even.
I've tried and can't seem to get Apple Maps on the dashboard, how do you do this?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hate to resurrect an old thread, but anyone having issues with Car Play since upgrading to iOS 14? I am experiencing intermittent drop outs - will be happily connected to CP for a while and then it cuts back to the Jaguar UI for 10 seconds and then goes back to CP. Occasionally refuses to start CP at all....
I'm on 19B of ICTP and no OTA updates offered in forever.
Car is going in for a service on Friday, any advice on requesting the dealership upgrade ICTP to 20xx?
Thanks!
DjP

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm on ICTP 20B1, CarPlay all fine on iOS 14. I always ask the dealer to update the ICTP version whenever it's in. it's supposed to happen OTA anyway. If they need a reason, then carplay no longer working since iOS update should be enough :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hope this is OK to add to this thread... I'm new to the forum!

I have just bought a MY17 F-Pace Portfolio (built Jan 2017), and it hasn't had the 'Complimentary' CarPlay update applied yet. I have spoken with my Jaguar dealer, and because I'm out of the original 3 year warranty (And my used warranty doesn't cover infotainment) they want a 1-hour labour rate (£168+VAT - which seems insane!) just to investigate and tell me if I'm eligible for the upgrade!

Does this seem right?! The Jaguar website states it's complimentary! I don't expect to pay this much for it.

How do I find out what version of the software I'm on, and has anyone had any luck with getting dealerships to give the SOTA & CarPlay update to out-of-warranty cars??

·
Registered
176 Posts
cj987 said:
I'm on ICTP 20B1, CarPlay all fine on iOS 14. I always ask the dealer to update the ICTP version whenever it's in. it's supposed to happen OTA anyway. If they need a reason, then carplay no longer working since iOS update should be enough :)
My car was in for service last week, but they couldn't update ICTP while it was there, so has gone back in this week, so JLR can "communicate with it directly". Seems no OTA upgrade possible from 19B on my car :(
It's out of warranty now, so fully expect to get hit for stupid labour rates to get this done...
DjP

·
Registered
176 Posts
Daniel.w.leigh said:
Hope this is OK to add to this thread... I'm new to the forum!

I have just bought a MY17 F-Pace Portfolio (built Jan 2017), and it hasn't had the 'Complimentary' CarPlay update applied yet. I have spoken with my Jaguar dealer, and because I'm out of the original 3 year warranty (And my used warranty doesn't cover infotainment) they want a 1-hour labour rate (£168+VAT - which seems insane!) just to investigate and tell me if I'm eligible for the upgrade!

Does this seem right?! The Jaguar website states it's complimentary! I don't expect to pay this much for it.

How do I find out what version of the software I'm on, and has anyone had any luck with getting dealerships to give the SOTA & CarPlay update to out-of-warranty cars??
Hi,
The update to CarPlay wasn't complimentary AFAIK, but if there's something on the website that suggests that it is for cars out of warranty, then use that angle. I'd expect to pay for a dealership to work on an out of warranty, but not to tell me if it's upgradable (it almost certainly is)!

The version of the software is displayed if you try and update - go into Connectivity and then Software Update (from memory). If this option isn't available, then you're on something older. There are good summaries in this forum of the version based on the seat and helmet icons (believe it or not!). Search for ICTP and you'll see it.

DjP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hope you don't mind me jumping into this thread!

Picked my 67 F-Pace up this weekend and it has the InControl Touch Pro, booked with my local dealer to get CarPlay and was quoted £190 (fine)! When I took it in the advised me that it could well crash that car and require a new ICU, sounds like bull to me, has anyone experienced this when getting the CarPlay features switched on?

161 - 180 of 186 Posts