Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Apple Carplay

107K views 185 replies 65 participants last post by  theleeharrison 
June,
Did you a phase 4 update applied and smartphone activation or just the last part? Keen to understand the starting point and waiting time; I'm considering a "while you wait" update to 18C (from 18B) and smartphone pack...

After months of trouble free CarPlaying, I've got a problem that CP does not start when I connect my phone. The CP splash screen shows on my phone, the CP icon appears on the lower menu bar (but is not responsive when pressed) and CP doesn't start. I've checked (and toggled) the autostart option in Settlings, but seems like the ICTP unit needs a reboot.
The car has been parked and locked from Tuesday until today, so it should have plenty of time to "sleep". Any suggestions on how to get things running again? I thought I was don't with ICTP / CP issues... :(
Thanks!
DjP

Reggraham said:
The system never really shuts down fully most of it's functions are off but it is monitoring input such as on off button etc, it is also still communicating with the telematics system. The only way to do a full system reset is to disconnect the battery wait for about a couple of minutes then reconnect that has been known to clear many niggling problems with all of the cars systems.
Just to close the loop on this, CP started working again. Not sure what changed on what side, but the card another week in the LHR carpark and my phone was power cycled (again). Maybe CP was just "resting" and then decided to behave again.... ;)
Dunno.
DjP

I've written on this forum before about the benefits and limitations of ACP. It's fine. I wouldn't pay for it. Best benefit was stability for me and traffic accuracy from Google Maps / Waze. If you have 18C / D then you're likely to have a stable ICTP so won't get much better functionality from ACP. Depends how much you value accurate traffic info
DjP

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the contents of the "tiles" in ACP on iOS13. I'm referring to the new view that allows map and "now playing" info to be displayed on a single screen. Specifically I'd like to add Google Maps (instead of Apple Maps) and maybe display WhatsApp or whatever.
I can't see anything in release info, but smarter minds than me may have worked it out...
DjP

Researching my own question, looks like the dashboard view in ACP on iOS13 is fixed and Apple Maps is the default/only mapping app allowed. Siri (in iOS13) now supports "hey siri, give me directions to Birmingham on google maps", which is good...

Interesting but yet another variable if things go wrong ;) Keen to hear how it goes if you get one, but I'll stick with wired for now and the charging and (relative) stability benefits it provides :)
DjP

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but anyone having issues with Car Play since upgrading to iOS 14? I am experiencing intermittent drop outs - will be happily connected to CP for a while and then it cuts back to the Jaguar UI for 10 seconds and then goes back to CP. Occasionally refuses to start CP at all....
I'm on 19B of ICTP and no OTA updates offered in forever.
Car is going in for a service on Friday, any advice on requesting the dealership upgrade ICTP to 20xx?
Thanks!
DjP

cj987 said:
I'm on ICTP 20B1, CarPlay all fine on iOS 14. I always ask the dealer to update the ICTP version whenever it's in. it's supposed to happen OTA anyway. If they need a reason, then carplay no longer working since iOS update should be enough :)
My car was in for service last week, but they couldn't update ICTP while it was there, so has gone back in this week, so JLR can "communicate with it directly". Seems no OTA upgrade possible from 19B on my car :(
It's out of warranty now, so fully expect to get hit for stupid labour rates to get this done...
DjP

Daniel.w.leigh said:
Hope this is OK to add to this thread... I'm new to the forum!

I have just bought a MY17 F-Pace Portfolio (built Jan 2017), and it hasn't had the 'Complimentary' CarPlay update applied yet. I have spoken with my Jaguar dealer, and because I'm out of the original 3 year warranty (And my used warranty doesn't cover infotainment) they want a 1-hour labour rate (£168+VAT - which seems insane!) just to investigate and tell me if I'm eligible for the upgrade!

Does this seem right?! The Jaguar website states it's complimentary! I don't expect to pay this much for it.

How do I find out what version of the software I'm on, and has anyone had any luck with getting dealerships to give the SOTA & CarPlay update to out-of-warranty cars??
Hi,
The update to CarPlay wasn't complimentary AFAIK, but if there's something on the website that suggests that it is for cars out of warranty, then use that angle. I'd expect to pay for a dealership to work on an out of warranty, but not to tell me if it's upgradable (it almost certainly is)!

The version of the software is displayed if you try and update - go into Connectivity and then Software Update (from memory). If this option isn't available, then you're on something older. There are good summaries in this forum of the version based on the seat and helmet icons (believe it or not!). Search for ICTP and you'll see it.

DjP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.