Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would have listed this as a fault as my first F Pace was rejected in December 2016 and bought back under the sale of goods act with JLR complete approval as they loaned me a car until the replacement was built. My second F Pace registered on March 1st 2017 has developed exactly the same fault but after much consultation with JLR they have now confirmed the fault is a characteristic of the F Pace and will not take my complaint further. The fault is an intrusive drive line vibration at between 68 and 72 MPH when accelerating felt through the floor the steering wheel and your seat.This is obviously a fault known to JLR engineers as other cars they tested have the fault but this is now deemed to be a characteristic of the F Pace. Needless to say my F Pace goes at the end of this month and I am bearing the major part of the bill to change.Auto Express magazine have challeged JLR this week in the Watchdog section asking the question why accept a rejection of a vehicle with a fault and when exactly the same fault appears on the replacement it suddenly becomes a characteristic of the vehicle.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If that is really the official line I look forward to them admitting that Vibration and the many other faults are characteristic and they will compensate owners affected. That is the logical conclusion to admitting you screwed up and tried to lie your way out of any liability, we will see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Feeling a bit left out here! Apart from the intermittent adaptive damping fault, which has only happened once in the last 3 months, I have no problems with mine. the cold weather has led to slow boot up issues, and that one seems to be very temperature dependent, but there's no vibration, no warning lights etc. Am I doing something wrong?! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Hey Nubbin, you shouldn't feel left out, even if you think you're one of the seemingly rare breed of FP owners who are enjoying trouble-free motoring; remember, you're not alone!

I started this thread back in May, 2016, to help everyone on here see what kinds of issues were cropping up, as reported by owners' experiences. Most have been sorted, although the ICTP issues are clearly still causing big problems for some and that is of great concern, and not just for FP owners but across the whole JLR range - that's very worrying to me because I would normally still consider buying another model in the future, but if that means buying trouble then I would look elsewhere.

This may come as a surprise to some, but most FP owners are not even on the forum, although you can bet they would all be signing up if they were having issues, these days forums are always the first port of call if something crops up. So the only conclusion I can draw is that there are far more owners out there who are happy than those who are not. They're just out there enjoying driving their cars instead of posting on forums :lol:

For me personally, my own FP has been giving me perfectly good reliable service every day I've driven it, it has not missed a beat and it still looks and drives as good as the day I first got it. I've been very happy with mine and I'll have been two years with it in July . . the biggest revelation is, how so soon!, where does the time go!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Soòoòooo I'm in the camp of there's not much to say about faults. Sure the camera sometimes doesn't come on and sometimes the infotainment system is a little slow to boot up but on the whole I'm loving the F-Pace. However I've come out of a bmw where everything worked perfectly in all of the 50k miles i had it and my view is that a Jaaaaaag should be better than a bmw. What REALLY hacks me off is the sat nav, basically it's dogsh*t, and I know I only went for the ICT but had I got this system in the 2007 Alfa GT I had I'd have been pissed off.
The rest of the car is ace though

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had my F-Pace since February 2017 and covered 22,000 miles. My experience is similar to PhilH67 in that I've got a few niggles (mostly with the ICTP) but nothing as serious as some.

I went for the ICTP as coming from an 2015 X5 I couldn't cope with the standard Nav set up. It's worked ok most of the time but is still really clunky and slow to start up. The Bluetooth connection is patchy, often dropping calls part way through and the reversing camera sometimes gives up and refuses to display. The whole system feels like it's been rushed through. The biggest pain though is that the passenger mirror doesn't dip when selecting reverse and that's designed in...

Also, the electronic glitches aren't confined to JLR. My wife has a new XC60 which after 800 miles had a total electronic meltdown and had to be trucked off to the dealer for a week for repair.

Overall though, I'm happy. The drive is fantastic, the 3l D goes like stink, and it looks great - it's the only car I've had where people stop in car parks to ask me about it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I switched my dipping passenger mirror off because I did not like it, i much prefer to have a whole view so I am not sure why yours doesn't.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
No faults with mine , one week in.
Turned off the dipping mirror , I need to see the gate post and not the rose bed.

I do as I did on the DS , set memory 2 position for both mirrors dipped so they are there if needed at the push of a button. Mem 1 set for upright town driving and mem 3 set for laid back motorway driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just posted a thread about my dissatisfaction with my F-Pace but will join you in re-posting it to your thread.

A year ago, I bought a fully loaded 3.0D S F-Pace (cost £63K) and it has caused me nothing but stress and anxiety, lost me lots of money and wasted my time.

Currently on its six visit to the Jaguar garage where it has been for the past three weeks now. I have had major problems with the Incontrol Pro system (Constantly crashes, loses bluetooth connectivity, navigation fails to work, media fails to work and freezes,......etc) The system has had 3 different software updates yet continued to crash regularly. The entire InControl Pro system was replaced by a jaguar engineer a couple weeks ago, yet the garage continue to encounter problems when testing the system.

I've had faults with the 360 Camera which fail intermitantly and they have already replaced the driver door camera, problems with the air-conditioning system maintaining a set temp, problems with the keyless entry, steering wheel and seat settings, Grinding noise when making sharp right turns at low speeds specifically on ramps in car parks on and on and on.....

I wrote to the managing director of Jaguar Land Rover Mr. Hicks only to be contacted by a person in the "executive team" who couldn't care less and was only calling me to tick a box.
When I tried to sell the car, Jaguar offered me £40K, that's 37% depreciation in less than one year. I have never come across anything like this, I have owned and sold cars after three years with similar depreciation.

I have lots of videos and photo of these faults and might post them here and on Youtube shortly

F-Pace - Stay clear and save yourself the headache, stress and money.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Jascat74 said:
I've just posted a thread about my dissatisfaction with my F-Pace but will join you in re-posting it to your thread.

A year ago, I bought a fully loaded 3.0D S F-Pace (cost £63K) and it has caused me nothing but stress and anxiety, lost me lots of money and wasted my time.

Currently on its six visit to the Jaguar garage where it has been for the past three weeks now. I have had major problems with the Incontrol Pro system (Constantly crashes, loses bluetooth connectivity, navigation fails to work, media fails to work and freezes,......etc) The system has had 3 different software updates yet continued to crash regularly. The entire InControl Pro system was replaced by a jaguar engineer a couple weeks ago, yet the garage continue to encounter problems when testing the system.

I've had faults with the 360 Camera which fail intermitantly and they have already replaced the driver door camera, problems with the air-conditioning system maintaining a set temp, problems with the keyless entry, steering wheel and seat settings, Grinding noise when making sharp right turns at low speeds specifically on ramps in car parks on and on and on.....

I wrote to the managing director of Jaguar Land Rover Mr. Hicks only to be contacted by a person in the "executive team" who couldn't care less and was only calling me to tick a box.
When I tried to sell the car, Jaguar offered me £40K, that's 37% depreciation in less than one year. I have never come across anything like this, I have owned and sold cars after three years with similar depreciation.

I have lots of videos and photo of these faults and might post them here and on Youtube shortly

F-Pace - Stay clear and save yourself the headache, stress and money.
Sounds like a nightmare.
Is there any reason why you can't reject the vehicle under the consumer rights act 2015?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had a similar experience. with the so called executive team who work directly for Ralph Speth and Jeremy Hicks. After Ralf Speth replied to my complaint he told me that somebody on his executive team would "reach out to me in order to address my complaint" The idiot who replied referred to the problems I was experiencing with my Land Rover and this was after stating that he had read the file and was familiar with the contents. Auto Express questioned Jaguar Land Rover regarding the problems I had experienced with both my F Paces before the watchdog feature hit the press and they did not get satisfactory answers either.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Unfortunately not yet..Auto Express contacted me today to say that until the feature is put in the Carbuyer sister publication it will not appear on line.
The Watchdog article in Auto Express 14-20th February featuring my faulty F Pace has apparently caused quite a stir at JLR so it may be a while before it gets posted on line!

·
Registered
424 Posts
is there a second page?

Flub!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just 1 page.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hydrajaws,

"IT'S A CHARACTERISTIC OF THE F-PACE" seems to be the company line from Jaguar and no further action will be taken. "Say hello to our brick wall".
I too have the engine vibration but this really is a characteristic of the four cylinder engines, especially diesels. In the better engines the engineers try and cure this with a balancer shaft. I thought I read that the Igenium engine would have one.
The six cylinder engines don't have the vibration because they have a 60 degree engine block and the vibrations are cancelled out naturally.

The problem I have is with the steering/drive train distribution. I reverse out of my drive and have to turn the steering hard left lock to leave our cul-de-sac. At this steering angle the front tyres slip/skip sideways and the bonnet bobs up and down. If the road is wet I can actually make it drive sideways at a 45 degree angle instead of the 90+ that i want. This occurred when i was on the main road waiting for a gap in the oncoming traffic. As happens I crept forward and am now beyond the optimum 90 degrees. I see a gap and 'go for it'. All hell broke loose with the car leaping up and down with the tyres howling in protest and I'm heading for the kerb. I backed of the gas and the car regained it's composure and made the turn.
When I took this up with the dealership about the bobbing up and down I was told "They all do that", I then went tp the Jaguar CRC, who after a couple of platitude calls eventually told me that the engineers declared that this IS A CHRACTERISTIC OF THE F-PACE and no further action will be taken. I told them about my 'near death experience :eek: but that didn't seem to bother them.

I reckon the problem would be fixed if they programmed more FWD at start-off based on playing around with what's available in the ASI suite screen. In particular the LOW FRICTION START. Then go back to the ASI powertrain graphic and watch the power distribution. There is loads of drive to the front and the take off is so much smoother. OK i realise that the throttle response is more subdued but the problem is alleviated.

Could I ask some of you to try a drive away on full lock, nothing to ambitious just see if you get the same bobbing/tyre slippage?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The ingenium diesel has two balancer shafts running at twice the speed of the camshaft (in the opposite direction) . These shafts sit on roller bearings. A few ingenium 2.0L engines have had balancer shafts replaced due to rough running , failed bearings which is usually preceded with a whining noise. There is a Topix document for this issue in all 2L ingenium diesel vehicles .

Other 2L ingenium engined vehicles have had exhaust mass damper weights fitted to alleviate acoustic engine noise. All engines have a resonant acoustic noise that designer try to damp out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is time that Jaguar engineers stopped burying their heads in the sand by declaring that any problems users find with the F Pace are CHARACTERISTIC S OF THE VEHICLE. Engine vibration, leaking differential casings, driveline vibration, infotainment, shutlines, creaking rear coilsprings, etc. All bad design or untested products. by whom. The Engineers of course.. Get real guys & girls.

81 - 100 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.