SIM cards

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
naman

Re: SIM cards

Post by naman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:10 am

Hso wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 pm
naman wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:15 pm
Thanks I have successfully managed to connect and I have no issues with re-connecting.
How have you managed to get the car to automatically reconnect to your phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot?
I have to manually reconnect every time. (iPhone)

Thanks
I think it's the case of not driving off straight away. You have to wait for 1min or so before the car connects to the Wi-Fi hotspot. If you set-off too quickly, the car fails to connect as it's moving, it need to completely stationary for it connect.

Hope this helps

goodwill

Post by goodwill » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:29 pm

We initially had the same issue. A regular PITA, even having to wait a minute. Here's how we've managed this:-

Once the initial phone hotspot WIFI connection is set up through the settings menu, make sure the phone hotspot is fully active BEFORE you even enter the car. It will then reconnect by itself. No need then to wait as outlined in the previous post. Get in and drive off - WIFI icon comes on before I get to the end of my driveway. Works every time for over two years and we use the phone hotspot as our exclusive connection to the internet. Caveat - responding from the US with a US spec. F-Pace and an Android phone.

martinPH2

Post by martinPH2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:34 pm

lozpace wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:39 pm
martinPH2 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:17 pm
I've had 3 data card since January and it was working fine for the first 2 or three weeks (I reside in Girona, Catalunya) and then no connectivity. same while placed in the mobile. I've spend some 2 hours with the tech support and finally received a workaround - specify three.co.us as APN name in the Jag settings and it will start working with no issues (same in the mobile.
Here is Three's article on the settings - http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... T(EM79771)
I think you meant three.co.uk as the APN name ;)
Yeap. Thanks for the correction. The card continues working like a champ.

Hso

Post by Hso » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:19 am

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll try it when I’m back in my car this evening.

Many thanks!

frogmill0

Post by frogmill0 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:40 pm

I had one of the Three cards the subject of discussion here and it recently stopped working in that it wasn't displaying traffic info. As it had been in the car for about a year I assumed it had expired although there was no message to say so. I was about to order another but after re-reading this thread and seeing the problems others have had with the Three cards, I went for the EE rolling 500mb card suggested by 'corriescar66.' It arrived within 24 hours of ordering. Fitting it was a bit more fiddly in that you have to go online to activate it but once I'd done that it seems to be working fine.

Thanks 'corriescar66' - what a useful forum this is!
3.0d 'S' in Rhodium Silver. ICTPro, 825w Meridian, Cold Climate pack, 14 way memory seats, pan roof.

Thinredline

Post by Thinredline » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Just a general post for anyone who has had trouble getting a SIM to work. I did too. My standard Virgin phone SIM (bought on a SIM only deal) was initially not recognised by my 2016 F Pace. It worked after doing the following:

1 put the SIM in a phone and activated the SIM which meant knowing the SIM pin code supplied by Virgin. Incidentally you can put the nano sim back into the larger frames quite easily if your phone only takes that size
2 insert SIM in slot
3 starting up the motor as well as the in touch pro
4 turning on mobile data
5 pressed network provider in connectivity which already said Virgin but hides a sub menu allowing you to enter Virgin username and password
5 I think somewhere along the line the car also asked me to enter the SIM pin
6 3G then showed up after a while but 4G not available on older models

I really don’t know if all the above are essential steps but that’s what I did and it worked (eventually).

Hope that helps anyone having the same problems. The dealer told me (during car handover and after I had bought the SIM which then wasn’t working) that I had bought a phone SIM not a car SIM. This proved incorrect advice, it now works fine, they just didn’t know what to do with it.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”