Stolen F Pace - Tracker App still working

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Wazz

Stolen F Pace - Tracker App still working

Post by Wazz » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 am

Hi all, my FP was stolen on Monday night but the Jaguar Remote App is still showing the vehicle nearby. This is not the after market tracker, but the InControl standard remote app functionality. We know that the location is deliberately inaccurate to stop anyone finding the car if they find the owner's phone. the vehicle is not obviously near where the location is shown, but i hope is not too far away.

So three questions that may help me?

1. is it possible to recover more precise location data (without having subscribed to the additional Jaguar tracking service)?
2. is it possible that the app will still work if the tracking device has been stripped from the car? My app shows the current location, allows me to lock/unlock, start the engine (climate control function) and sound the alarm and flash the lights.
3. does anyone know the margin of error on the app location so we can narrow the search area?

(the location is showing in a built up area with lots of garages so i need a better read on where it might be).

lozpace

Re: Stolen F Pace - Tracker App still working

Post by lozpace » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:17 pm

I would inform the police and let them investigate it for you.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:38 am

I agree with lox-ace, above. When you have police back-up you may try the Beep and Flash facility. That should help locate the vehicle. However, I'd leave it to the police and the insurance company just now!
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 am

If my car was taken then I would be everywhere trying to find it. In the uk the police force is stretched and this will not be very high on their list here (i am an ex part time cop).

If you are leaving it to them then it would only be pure luck if they stumble across it.

If the tracker subscription is not paid then I would personally be contacting the provider, explain the situation and if by paying the fee they could better track it then it would be money well spent in my opinion.

I have not heard of the "not accurate" part of the tracker system as mine has been spot on any time I checked it. What would be the point of a tracker if it is not accurate?
2017 R-sport 25d firenze red. 22" wheels, panoramic roof and many other extras. Wifes gift from my retirement money. But in use it more lol.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:39 am

Let the law recover the vehicle ,if you have a location they are usually pretty quick. Many of the toe rags that steal cars are high on drugs and they will drive over you or knife you to get away.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:35 am

If its a stolen to order theft by professionals they will park the car somewhere quiet and wait and see if anyone comes for it as they are aware of trackers. Alternately they have a container nearby and its parked inside blocking the signal and rapidly on the next ship out of the UK and heading for less regulated and lands abroad. Not sure the app is that accurate all the time with location and isn't necessarily updated in real time but worth passing information on to the Police.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:56 am

Deltasierra wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:39 am
Let the law recover the vehicle ,if you have a location they are usually pretty quick. Many of the toe rags that steal cars are high on drugs and they will drive over you or knife you to get away.
Sorry, I was not suggesting finding the vehicle and taking it back. If found let the cops know as they will have to check it over for forensic information potentially. And as you say, it is probable it would not be safe to go near it.
2017 R-sport 25d firenze red. 22" wheels, panoramic roof and many other extras. Wifes gift from my retirement money. But in use it more lol.

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:59 pm

And, did the police recover it ? Did you report it stolen through the app ??
FT jag ______ P300___UniAir ___4-cyl__ _300hp 400nm____ 8-) Ultra Bleu_[ 29 k]
FP jag ______25T____UniAir____4-cyl____250hp 365nm____ :P Loire Blue_[ 3,9 k]
AT BMW ___216i______________3-cyl____102hp 180nm____ :? Blue_2_____[ 39 k ]

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:05 am

Dan_Veluwe wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:59 pm
Or as this was his first post is he the person that took the jag and checking to see if he has anything to worry about lol.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:27 am

Bob a wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:05 am
Dan_Veluwe wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:59 pm
Or as this was his first post is he the person that took the jag and checking to see if he has anything to worry about lol.
That's what I also think.
When police is there insurance is there then why you want to do their bits please let them do the job.
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.