F Pace 3.0D DPF full - can you do a Regen?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Robzx6r

F Pace 3.0D DPF full - can you do a Regen?

Post by Robzx6r » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 pm

I have had an amber DPF regen light, last night it went to red and went into limp mode. Question - if I give it a good run with 2-3k rpm will regen still work? Or is my only option to take it to garage.

chris

Re: F Pace 3.0D DPF full - can you do a Regen?

Post by chris » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Might regen if you can get it hot enough, failing that a forced regen via garage might work. Hope you are lucky and no new DPF required.
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Deltasierra

Re: F Pace 3.0D DPF full - can you do a Regen?

Post by Deltasierra » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:56 am

That’s a real pain, only being able to do short journeys during lockdown, to do a full regen you will need to drive for an hour at reasonable rpm say 2000, if limp mode will let you do that. Maybe that will clear the DPF , it may not cancel limp mode so a visit to the garage will be needed.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible