New SVR Member (Upgraded from 2.0D R-Sport)_Somerset

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mendip_Man

New SVR Member (Upgraded from 2.0D R-Sport)_Somerset

Post by Mendip_Man » Sat May 23, 2020 9:16 am

Hi Everyone,

Just joined after upgrading my 3 year 2.0 R-Sport (Caesium Blue) to an Eiger Grey SVR - absolutely love the F-Pace and the SVR has always been a dream; it was finally time for a mid-life treat!

Looking forward to reading information/hints & tips on the forum and getting to see if there are any west country based enthusiasts in my area (North Somerset).

I was also trying to find out if anyone knows if the SVR 5.0L engine has a fuel octane sensor, if not then 95RON fuel will suffice (as per handbook) only worth putting in 98 RON if the engine knows about it.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Mendip Man
SVR Eiger Grey Black Interior 22"Grey Wheels Panoramic Roof HUD

Nowaytk

Re: New SVR Member (Upgraded from 2.0D R-Sport)_Somerset

Post by Nowaytk » Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 am

Welcome to the forum and to the SVR club, did you buy used or new, prior to the lockdown ?
Some pics would be nice, in fact I’m sure I read somewhere that it’s forum rules 😉
Great colour choice, although I might be a tad biased 😁 only difference is I went for the oyster interior
2020 Eiger gray SVR, with a few options, oh and yeah, an awesome soundtrack :D

Mendip_Man

Post by Mendip_Man » Sat May 23, 2020 10:43 am

Thanks for the welcome - I see you have similar taste!

I've gone for a new SVR (pre-built order) which was bought during lockdown (some great deals around) and it is due for delivery next Friday - I will certainly upload a few pictures when it arrives (can't wait) - would have liked a couple of other options, but the configuration was pretty close to my ideal.

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Sat May 23, 2020 11:48 am

I always put shell 99 high octane in mine . I definitely wouldn’t put cheap fuel in mine for sure . I can promise you get better performance and more miles on the tank full than you would with cheap fuel . I know this because my jeep srt I ran that on 95 for 6 months soon as I changed to shell 99 I got better performance and more miles to the tank . So yes it costs more but you get more miles so it’s actually no cheaper .
I’m also getting sun 4 seconds 0-60 on it

You will love it
What deal did you get on it if you don’t mind me asking ?

There is also a dedicated svr forum if you google it
F pace SVR blue

Mendip_Man

Post by Mendip_Man » Sat May 23, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks for the fuel advice, will take that on board.

Plenty of deals around, but settled on 18% off list + higher than advertised dealer contribution and service plan incentive, worked out cheaper than a quote I had for a 3.0S with very similar options!

Will look to join the SVR forum - once the car arrives.

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Sun May 24, 2020 12:54 pm

That’s a cracking discount
I got 11% off my £90 k specced up svr and 3.9% apr
Anyway just give it 1000 miles before that exhaust starts to sing and try not push it to hard either
F pace SVR blue

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Mon May 25, 2020 10:09 am

Hello

I have not been about for a while. ,, but I am seriously thinking about letting our f type and Evoque go and getting a F Pace SVR .. a few great deals about currently will keep you all updated as soon as I have decided.. keep safe