May Map Update Available!

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
JOCK55

May Map Update Available!

Post by JOCK55 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:44 pm

For those that are interested there is a new map update available for download. This, the latest version is 08.030.0107.0158. Be advised this file is 33GB in size and consequently will not fit on a 32GB thumb drive!

I have not downloaded this update as my car has not turned a wheel since the last update and I have registered it as SORN as I cannot see it moving this month at all. We just use my wife's car if one is required. I was rather hoping the insurance company was going to do the same, but Direct Line have declined to respond to my query regarding this. No matter, it is due for renewal in September and I'll be voting with my feet.

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Bob a

Re: May Map Update Available!

Post by Bob a » Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 pm

I assume you mean to suspend your insurance while the car is off the road?

For me that would not be wise. Whither your car is being used or not it is still insured should something happen. No insurance company I know of would "suspend" so not sure, if this is your only reason, what good it would be going to another.

My opinion only.
2017 R-sport 25d firenze red. 22" wheels, panoramic roof and many other extras. Wifes gift from my retirement money. But in use it more lol.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm

Insurers abroad are more open minded. We had a summer car in Sweden for many years. It was garaged for 10 months of the year and insured for 2 months. In Sweden you can turn insurance on and off as required.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Agree Bob,

However, several other Insurance Companies have given their customers a flat sum in return. Admiral just gave my son £25.00 and will give a further £25.00 at the end of June if we are still in lockdown due to their decreased risk with the low mileages being driven. They are not alone, so I understand.

Yes there is always a chance of theft, but where I live they have to negotiate 1.5 miles of farm road, a privately controlled railway level crossing, a radio controlled barrier and heavily locked barn doors to steal my vehicle. I think there are easier pickings elsewhere.
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Tue May 05, 2020 7:29 am

I never knew that. We are with admiral for the jag so may give them a call.

Did your son have to call them or was it done automatically?

Thanks.
2017 R-sport 25d firenze red. 22" wheels, panoramic roof and many other extras. Wifes gift from my retirement money. But in use it more lol.

FP Steve B

Post by FP Steve B » Tue May 05, 2020 7:53 am

I have drastically reduced my annual mileage estimate to around 4k, which saved me around £40. That may be of interest to everyone. 8-)
Delivered 28/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:52 pm

My son received the cash back for his F-Type automatically. This seems fair to me, I believe they are not the only Insurance Company to do this.