Driver Assistance Shut Down

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Reggraham

Driver Assistance Shut Down

Post by Reggraham » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:28 pm

I had a worrying drive today during the journey I received a warning to say Forward Alert had shutdown, Autonomous Emergency Braking had shutdown APSC and DSC we’re not working and to drive with caution. I continued the journey which was only another couple of miles, on restarting there were no messages or sign of any problem. The car has only been driven for about 100 miles in total over the last couple of months and auto stop has no worked at all.

I am using the car this weekend so hopefully I won’t see a problem. There’s just too many things to go wrong thank god it doesn’t run Windows it would be even worse. (The media system runs Linux).
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Arnie!

Re: Driver Assistance Shut Down

Post by Arnie! » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Is your battery healthy?
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

DPE

Post by DPE » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Should be ok. I had a failed Volumetric sensor fail on the rear passenger wheel. Quite a few items failed. Basically not a worry as you drive as normal without the computer helping. All was sorted and ok
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:58 am

On quite many occasions I have seen those messages when I started car. I switched off engine and restarted and all disappeared.
And guess what something similar I have seen on my previous mercedes c class, so maybe I am jinxed but I don't bother as I am a driver who doesn't rely on these gadgets I think I took pictures of those as it gets difficult to explain dealer what went wrong and their diagnosis says nothing wrong.... :D .

As long as it disappeared and nothing in warning section or alarm then I guess temporary glitch which got sorted on next restart.

Thanks.

KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:32 pm

I've been monitoring and nothing like that has happened again, I have notice since updating to 19C some things take longer to boot up but no problems since that time. These days with so much in the way of computer control and so many that it's inevitable that sometimes things will screw up just a bit worrying when I use adaptive cruise a lot.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

mik

Post by mik » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Arnie! wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:11 pm
Is your battery healthy?
My thoughts also.

Disco3 and 4 used to throw up all sorts of probs when the battery voltage dropped.

Which would be consistent with your mileage comments and the fact the stop-start isn’t activating.
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”