1st Jag & Alloy Wheel Insurance question

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
StevieP

1st Jag & Alloy Wheel Insurance question

Post by StevieP » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 am

Hi all, pick up my 1st Jag on Monday, 2017 F-PACE S 3.0 Diesel V6. Trading in the wife's Evoque, need a bigger family car so the F-Pace seems ideal.

Quick question if anybody can recommend alloy wheel insurance? The wheels on my car are the 22" Black Double Helix & are powder coated.

The alloy insurance on my current car won't cover powder coated wheels, has anybody got cover for these wheels & had any repairs done? How decent were the repairs?

I will definitely need some type of insurance due to the damage my Mrs will do to the wheels :lol:

Thanks

Stevie

catwoman

Re: 1st Jag & Alloy Wheel Insurance question

Post by catwoman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Hey Stevie, your first post on the forum and you have to go spoil it with a bit of stupid sexism, you're a funny guy! . . of course, we all know the truth, it's really you who kerbs your own wheels!

Three and a half years in mine, no marks on any of the rims. Never had alloy insurance, maybe that's why. I can remember the last wheel I kerbed, it was back in '95.

I just checked, you'll find 119 matches to previous posts on 'alloy insurance', just put the words into the search box at the top of the forum homepage, put your feet up and your reading glasses on.
. . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

StevieP

Post by StevieP » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks for the reply catwoman! My comment about the Mrs is based on facts, 8 alloy wheel repairs in 2.5years! With those odds I think I will be best to take the insurance! I did actually do a search before I posted, I was more looking for somebody’s personal experience with a powder coat repair rather than a general alloy wheel insurance repair.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:04 pm

I have had both. Revive did a small repair which was sprayed and although good, you could still feel and see the texture was different to the sprayed paint. When that wheel was damaged again I opted for powder coating and the results were first class.

Its inevitable they will get scuffed as kerbs are higher than the tyres and many urban areas are just loaded with difficult places that make it impossible for larger cars. I am thinking of Gatwick airport multi storey carpark and a particular set of those traffic calming bollards near me. The kerbs are angled into the bollards and longer, wider cars either catch the nearside front or offside rear on the way through as there just isn't enough room to line the car up. Gatwick gives me sleepless nights!

You will also find the paint chips. I have a new one on the front wheel after a 1,000 mile round trip on motorway...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Huwie

Post by Huwie » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:16 pm

Good choice with your car- had mine since July and absolutely love it... As for the alloys- scuffed my 22’s Helix on Tuesday and am going through the Alloy Wheel Cover repair as we speak.... will let you know the outcome but speaking to the company that are going to repair it they seem to understand they ate powder coated and are happy to repair like for like... Fingers crossed...

StevieP

Post by StevieP » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:36 pm

Thanks for the replies, Huwie be great if you could let me know the outcome of your repair. Who have you got your alloy wheel cover with?

Huwie

Post by Huwie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Stevie- the alloy cover was with Marshall Jaguar who have out sourced to Car Care Plan- they’ve now put me in contact with a further allow repair company called DWV in Essex- I’ve told them it’s powder coated so il let you know the outcome- coming in two weeks.

MikeG

Post by MikeG » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:28 am

Just had my 22” Helux grey with black inserts repaired by wheel wizard, they were instructed by Tidy Alloys, I took this insurance out when the car was new, sept 2019. Cost £199 for 3 years. Excellent repair from wheel wizard and excellent service from Tidy Alloys. https://www.tidyalloys.com/purchase-cover/
F Pace 300 sport V6 d, Indus silver with extras !

StevieP

Post by StevieP » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks MikeG that’s the info I was after!! I’ve had a quote from Tidy Alloys who confirmed they will repair powder coated wheels. I will probably go with this policy as £199 for 3 years isn’t bad at all 👍🏻

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”