Climate control concerns

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
RDB1

Climate control concerns

Post by RDB1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 am

I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this

I have raised this before but to date there hasn't been a resolution to my Climate Control issues.

Basically a couple of months ago I had my A/C re gassed as it was not performing well, pushing heat out one side and cooler temperatures out the other, I was told that the gas was low. This seemed odd as the car was only 2 years old and I'd never had to do this before on any Jag I've owned. However It was done (and expensive) but since then on starting the car from cold the fan quickly kicks in at almost at full speed and the air is freezing and stays that way until the engine temperature reaches normal.

Before the re gas there was a build up of heat from very early on and the fan speed gradually built up in line with this - life was good. But now its a miserable place to be until heat finally starts to come in, I have always left the system on AUTO at 21.5 degrees and its been comfortable so why could this be happening?

So far the car has been back to the dealer twice, the Climate control unit has been replaced and they have had it for around 2 weeks in total but its still the same, I am feeling they are out of ideas now and are suggesting I switch it manually to off on the fan until the engine gets to normal. On a £60K car it should work without compromise.

One other interesting trait I have noticed is that when normal engine temperature is reached and heat starts to flow the engine temperature drops dramatically to nearly the cold zone again before building back up slowly.

Now the cold weather is hear its limiting the enjoyment of the car and my wife and passengers complain so does any of these issues sound familiar to you?? (not the wife bit)

if so please let me know how you resolved it so I can pass it on. the dealer has really tried but ideas are lacking now.

Thankyou
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

Deltasierra

Re: Climate control concerns

Post by Deltasierra » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Nothing worse than a cold wife!.

A Regas should cost £50 but should have been done under warranty at 2yrs, exactly which unit did they change

Mine has a Max Fan switch (not ICTP ) to demist or cool manually but comes on automatically to cool in hot weather, yours is probably similar with a touch screen control it sounds like a fault with that switch
It takes about 3 miles driving for my heater to work, the flow through the heater is quite small but if the flow is directly onto the engine sensor it might cause the drop in temperature.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

RDB1

Re: Climate control concerns

Post by RDB1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks Deltasierra - the re gas was £199 as they have to use the new environment product, i've checked this elsewhere and seems to be the same, they say not a warranty issue on the gas as classed as a consumable. More concerned about the cold but thanks for the replay.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”