Brakes, discs and callipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
lisa71

Brakes, discs and callipers

Post by lisa71 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:49 pm

Just a heads up, car went in today for 1st MOT.

I have been having an issue with really squeaky brakes. They only squeak when cold or damp and I thought it was just that, it was also doing this last winter. I mentioned how bad the noise was when I took it in.

Apparently there is a problem from diagnostics, Jaguar have said they are to replace brake pads, discs and callipers under warranty.

Anyone else had this issue
2.0d Portfolio AWD, Ammo Grey, Oyster interior - This car is the nuts :shock:

DPE

Re: Brakes, discs and callipers

Post by DPE » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:00 pm

not on the F Pace but on my wife's RR Evoque. Replaced the pads and all is solved
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

F-obsessed

Post by F-obsessed » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Absolutely. Have been told (by a Jaguar authorised service centre) that squeaky brakes were usual in the cold , and (effectively) I should put up with it. So if Jaguar are now admitting this is a real issue/a sign of something more serious, that is news to me.
25t (2018) AWD Portfolio, Santorini Black, Light Oyster, 20" grey diamond venoms, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, lumber adjust, rear seat release, configurable lighting

lisa71

Post by lisa71 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:34 am

I would definitely get on the phone and insist they have a look at them, the service centre also sent me a short video explaining what they where changing.
2.0d Portfolio AWD, Ammo Grey, Oyster interior - This car is the nuts :shock:

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 pm

I have the same problem and so does my daughter on her F-Pace and it's getting worse the colder it gets.
I spoke to my dealer who told me they received the text below in a bulletin from JLR. The problem exists across the whole F-Pace and E-Pace range I was told by the dealer.

Corrosion of the hub is normal and has no detrimental effect on breaking performance
• Brake Squeal
Hot and cold temperatures will cause this and is a natural reaction with modern braking materials to fluctuations
in environmental conditions.
Contamination from external influences such as oils and other cleaning fluids for example.

Other cars don't do it my cousins XE doesn't do it my XF sportbrake didn't do it, the loan XE's I got whilst mine was in the dealer for work didn't do it.
It's time to complain to JLR customer relations if everyone does that they will eventually do something, of course there is always the motoring press as well.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”