New Member Alert

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Thund3rK8t

New Member Alert

Post by Thund3rK8t » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:14 am

Greetings all, new both to the forum and to the world of Jaguar ownership. I’ve been a VW owner all my driving life…2 Golfs (GTi & TDi) and a Passat CC. All very reliable yet fairly middle of the road.

Hand was forced towards the end of last year when the CC decided not to start after 5 very smooth and uneventful years of ownership…heck, the thing already had 97K miles on the clock when i acquired it. A costly repair and 5 months later, it died on me in the middle of rush hour on a red route whilst on way to pick up my daughter…Thought the timing belt had gone but much to my surprise…it hadn’t…but following a quick repair, it was discovered the DSG gearbox was leaking oil…a disaster waiting to happen. By now, a new gearbox was worth nearly twice the cars value. Message received loud and clear.

Months of research narrowed me down to a Lexus RX450 and the F-Pace. Well… here I am.

I collect my ’66 plated F-Pace on Tuesday and am looking forward to it. Not a fanatical petrol-head by any means but i do like cars and decided to treat myself on this occasion. Life’s for living.

Anyhow, I look forward to learning lots here and seek to benefit from the vast wealth of knowledge collectively shared; and to some day making useful contributions also.

Looking to treat the vehicle to a GTechniq treatment at WowFactors (potentially) in the near future.

Salutations.

"Thund3r...Thund3r...Thund3K8t..."
1st Time Jag-Man-Santorini Black F-Pace, 3.0 V6 Supercharged (380PS), AWD, Black Pack, 20” 5-Spoke Venoms, Red Calipers, ICTP, Ebony & Oyster Stitched Interior, Fixed Pan S/Roof & a Huge Smile to go with it all. 8-)

Markotley

Re: New Member Alert

Post by Markotley » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:20 am

Good choice Thun....
No vibes from the Lexus car but I can attest to the fun you will get from the jag as I have a 66 plate one and it’s great fun.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Thund3rK8t

Post by Thund3rK8t » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 am

Hello Mark

Indeed, I’m inclined to agree you’re right on the Lexus. Granted, It’s a nice looking vehicle... but a Jag, it is not.

Guess I’m at a time in my life where I’d like to enjoy it a little more.

Seems we have very similarly spec’d chariots.

Collection day approaches.

Cheers 🍻
1st Time Jag-Man-Santorini Black F-Pace, 3.0 V6 Supercharged (380PS), AWD, Black Pack, 20” 5-Spoke Venoms, Red Calipers, ICTP, Ebony & Oyster Stitched Interior, Fixed Pan S/Roof & a Huge Smile to go with it all. 8-)

Rog_N

Post by Rog_N » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:29 am

Welcome! Nice Sec - you will enjoy it.

I looked at the GTechniq system, gets very good reviews assuming it’s done properly.
I ended up ordering the more expensive Expel PPF for the bodywork as I’m more worried about scratches in car parks and the local cats using my (current) car as a lookout tower & play slide.... then Gtechniq total surface bundle on the wheels and interior.
Indus Silver F-Pace 300. Sport 22” Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & Lights plus a few other extras. Expel PPF and Gtechniq total surface bundle.

Current Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180 departing into the sunset in November

Thund3rK8t

Post by Thund3rK8t » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:11 am

Nice one Rog_N...

Laughing at the local moggies molesting your pride n joy. Sure it’s not funny if resultant scratches ensue.

The GTech treatments and expel get rave reviews. Definitely looking into treating the ride to one of these. Will discuss my options with the firm I go to visit once cars collected.

Awaiting arrival of an ID SIM card. £5/month for 1GB data on a 30 day roller.

We shall see how it works out.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 am

Welcome aboard. Similar background myself with a long list of average company BMW's and a couple of hot hatches including a rather nice Golf VR6 (remember them!) more than several years ago! Took the plunge last year switching from an A6 Avant and have loved every minute. Sounds like you have a lovely spec and must admit, black is the new black - excellent colour choice!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Thund3rK8t

Post by Thund3rK8t » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:09 pm

Hello Smitten.

Thanks for the welcome. And how could One forget the VR6? That A6 Avant is nice too. Going F-Pace is quite a deviation.

I must confess, growing up, my default vehicle of reference was always a VEE-DUB of some description. And they’ve served me well, however, I’m in my mid forties, I’ve been moderately sensible for my entire existence and despite being balder now than on the day of my birth... I’m letting my proverbial ‘hair’ DOWN.

Throughout the whole search and research process of a new car, I’ve been able to review fairly objectively and now my choice is made and pick up is due, I feel comfortable with it.

Much to learn from you all AND enjoy.

Cheers

Thund3rK8t

Return to “Introductions”