Recent map update didn't upload

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Smitten

Recent map update didn't upload

Post by Smitten » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Had a bit of an issue with the most recent map update. Did it all in the correct manner as per instructions but after stage one where it deletes the existing map, it refused to upgrade and I had a error message saying "unable to update as a previous version was missing..."

All seemed a bit weird. My local dealer weren't much help so, wanting to double check everything I purchased a new 64GB USB stick, downloaded the update and went through the procedure again, this time successfully. Something must have been corrupted somewhere. Just wondered if anyone else had had similar or if its just a Smitten gremlin?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

JOCK55

Re: Recent map update didn't upload

Post by JOCK55 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:37 am

I haven't had this problem, but I always reformat my thumb drive to delete all previous software and then reformat before downloading the map. Dead easy and takes no more than a minute. Ensures that when your thumb drive is inserted in the car the only data there for it to read is the map update.
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:38 am

I think that will be my plan in future. Probably a case of too many redundant files on the USB drive. Anyway, a life of exciting short cuts that are sometimes navigable has been restored! No scratches and working satnav....its like a new car again!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

cj987

Post by cj987 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:23 am

How long does it normally take to load the map updates to the f pace? I’ve downloaded the latest but don’t think they’ve ever been done before. It’s a Jan 18with 19b update to ICTP. The cars telling me no online map searches until they’ve been updated. Wondering how long I’ll need to keep the engine running to do it?
3.0d S AWD, Loire Blue & Black pack

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 am

Better off going for a drive. Mine normally takes 20 mins or so

cj987

Post by cj987 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:40 am

Thanks
3.0d S AWD, Loire Blue & Black pack

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”