Keyed...

The place to discuss everything else..
Smitten

Keyed...

Post by Smitten » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:26 pm

Keyed from headlight to tail lights, every nearside panel, multiple times. I was parked for 10 minutes on a meter in central Wimbledon in daylight last weekend. Car is a mess. Insurance company has authorised the repair and hopefully it will be a good job. It's just unbelievably annoying. Insurers have been excellent and I am whizzing around in a Vauxhall Something until the real car is back. Could be worse - I might have caught the person responsible as I was only 100m away with a customer! I think the John Prescott in me might have got the upper hand...

20190921_211156.jpg

3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Black300Sport

Re: Keyed...

Post by Black300Sport » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Unbelievable. I can only imagine how you felt when you first saw the damage. :shock: :cry:
Black 300 Sport (Petrol) - Northern Ireland

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:12 pm

That’s awful just awful. Looks like kids perhaps as is so low down the panels
All the hassle and inconvenience that’s caused from some pr*** doing that , worse nightmare that is .i never leave mine anywhere for this reason .
Only problem with a respray they never really match and you have double the thickness on them panels so if it was tested with a paint thickness probe it would show up as almost double what it should be
So sorry I feel your pain

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:01 am

Smitten,

That is terrible, I feel for you. I know you had your car ceramic coated, will insurance pay for another coating after the re-spray or is that to your account?
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:26 am

Thanks all for your comments. No it wasn't ceramic coated thankfully as I suspect that might not have been covered by insurance. Just a sign of our times and it's a big, shiny target. I am very careful where the car is left and avoid tight car parks and dodgy areas but you can't completely avoid the risk that something like this might happen. I am just hoping the repair is to a good standard and I'm not disappointed when it comes back.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Rog_N

Post by Rog_N » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 am

That’s just rubbish.. feel for you Smitten!

No respect for people’s property these days 😢
Indus Silver F-Pace 300. Sport 22” Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & Lights plus a few other extras. Expel PPF and Gtechniq total surface bundle.

Current Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180 departing into the sunset in November

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:20 am

I think the worst part is knowing someone spent some time to ensure the whole side was covered. Not a single random angry strike but at least 20 different scratches not shown in pictures as I thought they would upset too much and needed censoring! Front nearside wing is deepest/worst but goes right to tail lights....and then back and forth a few times low level. If I had an angry ex or had ripped off a former business partner I would have said it was personal! Anyway, no point crying further over spilt milk. This site is like a therapy group! I will await the results of the respray and move on.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 am

Smitten, I'm really very upset for you, that is such a mindless and pointless thing, blatant vandalism. Sometimes it's very hard to have faith in human nature when people can be as vindictive as this, but jealousy is a terrible all-consuming thing. Some people just don't care about the level of hurt, cost and incovenience they cause others, in fact some seem to revel in it - but then, I guess if we all did care, then the world would be without any crime or cruelty against others. I hope it gets all fixed up and you can put it behind you. That's what insurance cover is for, but it's very hard not to worry about things like this when you have something others will target out of sheer malice. Good luck with it and keep positive, there are still a vast majority of good people, though it's not always obvious!
. . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 am

Really sorry to hear this. Complete ar*eholes.
Hope it gets fixed to your liking.
I think any new car I buy in the future, I will get a full body PPF done. When a car is keyed, the paintwork won't be damaged. Also protects against stone chips and idiots banging doors in car parks etc. I have lost count of the amount of scratches on bumpers, doors and mirrors now.
This will obviously reduce how much I will get back when I come to sell.
I believe it's about £4k for a full body ppf protection but you can choose just doors for example and pay less.
Over 4 or 5 years this is well worth the initial cost I think.
:o :o :o
3L Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Rog_N

Post by Rog_N » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 am

Seriously thinking PPF too now :-(
Indus Silver F-Pace 300. Sport 22” Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & Lights plus a few other extras. Expel PPF and Gtechniq total surface bundle.

Current Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180 departing into the sunset in November

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”