Williams Ceramic Coat

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Waynebong

Williams Ceramic Coat

Post by Waynebong » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:33 am

I recently collected my F Pace Chequered Flag Edition in Santorini Black and very happy with it.

The question I have is that the lovely shine and sparkle has warn off after 2 weeks and I wanted to know if anyone can advise me on the Williams Ceramic Coat that the dealer has advised me to buy.

Has anyone else on this forum bought it for their F Pace and is it worth it?

As per the guide does it keep its shine for longer?

JOCK55

Re: Williams Ceramic Coat

Post by JOCK55 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:47 am

I have never heard of the particular ceramic coating. I just looked it up on the Detailing World website (https://www.detailingworld.co.uk) which is always my go to reference for automotive car detailing products. There is a moderator comment on there which reads as follows, "Just why would you want this on your car? It’s not a ceramic like Ceramic Pro or gtechniq, it is only designed to protect against the effects of UVB and will NOT protect against scratches."

So, personally, I would give this one a bit of a body swerve. For sure the most popular ceramic coating is from Gtechniq, but it has to be applied by an Authorised Agent and they are not always conveniently located. I had a similar problem last year when I went to get my new car ceramic coated. The detailer that I had used before had ceased to use Gtechniq as he was having problems with them providing support in the North of Scotland and changed to a new product produced by IGL Coatings, "Kenzo". After research I decided to have the car coated with this product and haven't looked back.

It is great, dirt still sticks to the car, but a simple 2 bucket wash and dry off with a few microfiber towels and it is in showroom condition once again. After 8,000 miles on some very poor roads and some green lane driving, not a scratch or a blemish on the paintwork. I would say it is worth having it done.
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Rog_N

Post by Rog_N » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 pm

I know that Williams F1 have a range of car care products.

However my new toys getting Gtechniq‘ed and maybe PPF from a local detailer.
Indus Silver F-Pace 300 Sport ordered June now due Sept/Oct/Nov
22” Grey Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & Lights plus a few other extras.

Current Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180 & a “few” extras

big jon

Post by big jon » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I had Gtechniq nearly 3 years ago I have never waxed it and it still looks like new, just the two bucket weekly wash.
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:06 am

Gtechniq is great stuff, if you don’t want to pay for a full ceramic coating then look at their C2 v3 spray. It’s easy to apply, works well and leaves the car looking great.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Ed in Dorset

Post by Ed in Dorset » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Had the Williams product applied 3 years ago by a local detailer. Cost £400. 27,000 miles on and the car comes up sparkling, good as new, after a wash with Autoglym shampoo. I use a microfibre mit and dry off with microfibre cloths. The near side wing mirror is superficially scratched after regular encounters with blackthorn hedges on our narrow lanes so the Williams treatment doesn’t prevent scratches - how the Gtech treatment would fare I do not know.
Hope that helps.
3.0D S in Odyssey Red with Black Pack, Privacy Glass, fixed Panoramic Roof, electrically deployable Tow Bar, ICTP - all updated and working well.

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”