Rejection Advice and Support

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Apollya

Rejection Advice and Support

Post by Apollya » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:47 pm

I'm just starting a rejection process on my vehicle.

Wanted to get some help and advice from anyone that's been through it. So far JLR customer care have not really provided much care and i want to be prepared to take the fight to them if needed.

Any tips that made or broke a rejection, how best to deal with it etc etc.
2.0D AWD Auto Dark Sapphire Blue R-Sport, Black Pack, LED Lights, Sliding Pano roof, Privacy glass, Adaptive; Dynamics & Queue assist, 18-way mem climate seats, 380W ICTP, Lane and 360 Park assist, blind spot, Gesture tailgate... :D

Deltasierra

Re: Rejection Advice and Support

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:40 am

You need to say what the age of the car is and what the problem is then help can be directed more specifically
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:31 am

Just picked up the problem on another thread

2 yr old vehicle and a list of small problems with quality and disappointing wear and tear
Quality has been a problem, after 2 yrs they are not going to accept a rejection case but you will get some faults fixed under warranty.
The limit for rejection is 6 months and they try very hard to avoid that, if there was a major failure or persistent electronic problem disabling the car it would get replaced but not for smaller issues
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Apollya

Post by Apollya » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks for response, there are also safety concerns in regards to the instruments, sensors, cameras and software of the vehicle all failing on numerous occasions. Vehicle is old but I have been trying to get this resolved for a long time now, but had issues with approved main dealership simply not even performing what they were required to. And to clarify this is not disappointing wear and tear many of these were like this when the vehicle was delivered e.g. leather seats and dashboard stitching.
2.0D AWD Auto Dark Sapphire Blue R-Sport, Black Pack, LED Lights, Sliding Pano roof, Privacy glass, Adaptive; Dynamics & Queue assist, 18-way mem climate seats, 380W ICTP, Lane and 360 Park assist, blind spot, Gesture tailgate... :D

davidmt

Post by davidmt » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:43 am

If they were issues on delivery then you probably should not have accepted at the time. I agree waiting 2 years will undermine your position.

Many cars do not have sensors, cameras etc so whilst nice to have and probably do improve safety you will struggle to convince anyone that the car is not safe without them so will not support a rejection.

Good luck.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Looking at all the extras you have on the car they are just the ones that have caused everyone else problems I think your best course is warranty through Jaguar CS and keep at it. Accessories you paid for should be kept in working order for the warranty period, they are not wear and tear items it will be interesting what CS say about that.
XKR Convertible

Apollya

Post by Apollya » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Deltasierra wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Looking at all the extras you have on the car they are just the ones that have caused everyone else problems I think your best course is warranty through Jaguar CS and keep at it. Accessories you paid for should be kept in working order for the warranty period, they are not wear and tear items it will be interesting what CS say about that.
Well currently they are not saying anything and just burying their head in the sand. I complained about the original customer service agent as frankly he did not talk to the dealerships, did not pass on information that they should of had to make informed decisions and then refused to listen to the points I raised. His manager apologised but then said he would continue being my case worker, which I've informed I am not prepared to accept and that it needs to be someone else, nothing back since. Not even from the 2 e-mails that the dealer i bought the car from sent in regards to rejection.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”