Cabin Noise and Tyre replacement.

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
twickers83

Cabin Noise and Tyre replacement.

Post by twickers83 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend.

I recently bought an F-pace with 20” Continental Sport contact 5 and I find them incredibly noisy when driving at speed. I wonder if anyone had fitted different tyres on their car with the aim of reducing cabin noise and tyre roar. I know the Continental's are rated at 73db and I have found others (Dunlop Sport maxx, Goodyear eagle f1) that are rated around 68/69db. I appreciate these are measurements taken from the outside.

I would love to hear from you If you have taken any remedial steps to quieten the cabin (different tyres, extra deadening). My car is a 2019 Model year, F-Pace S.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

richardchandler

Re: Cabin Noise and Tyre replacement.

Post by richardchandler » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:35 pm

I changed from OE Continentals, 20" to Michelin Latitude Sport 3.
Much quieter and better riding. Same grip and responsiveness and so far wearing well.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:14 pm

I have Pirelli P Zero 265/40 R22 XL JLR which have been on the car since new. They are rated 71db. Can't say I have noticed any undue noise from tyres and find the cabin very comfortable at motorway speed.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 am

I have the same Tyres on mine which are coming up for a change and may consider the Michelin Latitude's now but I cant say for me the Continentals are noisy, in fact I've never noticed them for that but low speed B road ride is unsettled with a number of passengers complaining about it, that would be my motivation for moving away from them.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

Catmad

Post by Catmad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 pm

I changed my Continentals for Michelin Cross Climate SUVs which are much quieter.
2.0D Prestige 180 AWD Auto Italian Racing Red

ChrisC

Post by ChrisC » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:23 pm

Avon ZX7 are rated well for noise, and relatively inexpensive @ £157 on Black Circles.
F-Pace 3.0D S

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 am

Mines going in to the dealers tomorrow for a couple of things (software upgrade etc) and whilst there i'm discussing my tyre replacement options. I was told on the phone the Conti's are the approved tyre choice (maybe Pirelli as well) however the ride which is also being looked at is poor at lower speeds so I wondered if there are better tyres to suit (or I have a fault). My insurer is saying I must have approved tyres but I really don't know how specific this is. Anyway can report back if you are interested.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”