Android Auto option missing

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Taffy_

Android Auto option missing

Post by Taffy_ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi all,
ICTPro version 2019A.9.8407 which I believe is the latest ?

With Bluetooth enabled and paired, and USB attached, I get a prompt on the screen to select InControl .. now I believe there should also be an option for Android Auto as well - but that does not appear - only 'None' appears.

Any thoughts on how to get Android Auto enabled ?
F-Pace SVR | Santorini Black | 22" 5081 | Sliding Pan Roof | Privacy Glass | CD/DVD Player | Ebony Lozenge | Meridian Surround Sound | Ambient lighting | AdSR | Activity Key | Tracker

CambridgeM

Re: Android Auto option missing

Post by CambridgeM » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 pm

It's an optional extra unfortunately
19MY Portfolio 180 AWD in Caesium Blue.

Taffy_

Post by Taffy_ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:37 pm

Ahh, I've misinterpreted "available" as being "standard". Silly me.

Not sure there's much on Android Auto that is worthy of the expense ? I see many complaints over the Jaguar InControl navigation - but I find it absolutely fine. I've come from BMW's iDrive system which was first class - I don't see the Jag version being that far off.

I'll see if my dealer wants to be nice to me given that I've bought an SVR .. else, I'm not dropping a few hundred quid just to play with something that I'll probably then never touch.
F-Pace SVR | Santorini Black | 22" 5081 | Sliding Pan Roof | Privacy Glass | CD/DVD Player | Ebony Lozenge | Meridian Surround Sound | Ambient lighting | AdSR | Activity Key | Tracker

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:48 pm

What MY is your SVR? I think it is included as standard with MY20 cars.
My MY19 SVR did not come with Carply/Android Auto but a software update fixed that - I just needed to have a "bluetooth issue" (real or imagined) and the "fix" means I now have this option that - speak to your dealer and see what they can do for you
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:10 pm

My android auto and apple CarPlay came as part of the upgrade to 19a and no extra charge. Found it useful abroad as avoided paying for the extortionate extra satnav on car rental....and just connected phone to car with android auto and CarPlay instead (partner has an apple phone). Tried them both out for the week. The traffic is more up to date on both than incontrol.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:17 pm

I went to use Android Auto this morning for the first time for a while (holidays and all that) and got the message "Android Auto not available" on the screen. The phone seemed to be running as normal. When I went into Options, Connectivity, Android, default program only 'None' and 'InControl Apps' appeared. Android Auto was no longer there as an option.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with my system? Does the dealer have to remember to include Android Auto every time they do a software upgrade?

Android screen capture.jpg

2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:50 pm

Hi,

First of all you should be able to see icons of android auto and apple car play when you swipe at home screen to be sure you have it installed on your ictp pro, then you should be able to get to the point of picture you posted also you need to connect your phone via a usb cable and Bluetooth paired for it to function.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:54 am

I have checked and both the Android Auto and Apple Car Play icons have disappeared off the standard screens although the Android Auto icon is still on my customised home screen. I'm trying to think if I have used it since the dealer last did a software upgrade.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

PhilH67

Post by PhilH67 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:12 am

Jagseven wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:48 pm
What MY is your SVR? I think it is included as standard with MY20 cars.
My MY19 SVR did not come with Carply/Android Auto but a software update fixed that - I just needed to have a "bluetooth issue" (real or imagined) and the "fix" means I now have this option that - speak to your dealer and see what they can do for you
So this "bluetooth issue" anything to do with dropping the connection a fair few times after starting? Annoys me but if it's fixable I'll be happy (Android btw)

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:47 am

KeithL wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:54 am
I have checked and both the Android Auto and Apple Car Play icons have disappeared off the standard screens although the Android Auto icon is still on my customised home screen. I'm trying to think if I have used it since the dealer last did a software upgrade.
Hi,
If you have used it earlier and if it's disappeared then I guess dealer needs to put it back again.
But you say you have it on customized screen maybe tap that and see anything you can configure or try uninstall from phone and re install on phone.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”