3.0 diesel service intervals shortened?

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Smitten

3.0 diesel service intervals shortened?

Post by Smitten » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Strangely my service indicator is showing an oil service due at 13,850 miles when I have just had the first annual service carried out when due on the service indicator at 10,200 miles on 24th April, I think that is just 7 weeks ago! My driving pattern is broadly the same as last year but I have done less miles this year. I am wondering if the service indicator algorithm has been altered at the first service and is now being triggered differently due to the oil dilution issues we have heard about? It just seems ridiculously close to the first annual service and I now have just 11,700 on the clock but by the end of July it will have to go back again for fresh oil? At this rate I will be back to the dealer every 16 weeks for an oil service. Anyone else experiencing similar? Thoughts?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jasonfpace

Re: 3.0 diesel service intervals shortened?

Post by Jasonfpace » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Yes. September annual service, then February then May. Was covered under service plan and explained I wasn’t happy, apparently last month was a faulty throttle something which caused oil issues. Let’s see how long it last now. Oh an a software update will help the issue as well!
White 3.0d, black/red seats and black roof, privacy glass, black pack, 22" double helix, panoramic sliding roof, cup holder cover and rear release lever.

FP Steve B

Post by FP Steve B » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:56 am

I've just checked mine (& the Handbook, p70)& the mileage shown is a countdown total not 'next service due at'; so I have completed 5000 miles & my countdown mileage till the next service is 8000 ish. If I exceed 5k + 8k then the countdown mileage will show a negative number ie Service Overdue. I am therefore getting around 13k between services based on my 'Driving Style', a phrase that JLR seem to like a lot! As I am only doing around 8k mileage a year I should have my Annual Service before I exceed the 13k mileage. I hope that make a bit of sense? 8-)
Delivered 28/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 am

Smitten wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Strangely my service indicator is showing an oil service due at 13,850 miles ...
Don't panic, the service indicator shows miles to go until the next service is due, not the total mileage on the car . . so you should be okay, it means you have another 13850 miles to go before your next oil service. The figure calculates based on the number of miles you have driven over time, so it attempts to give an accurate representation of when the next service is due based on your driving history.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:19 pm

catwoman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 am
Smitten wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Strangely my service indicator is showing an oil service due at 13,850 miles ...
Don't panic, the service indicator shows miles to go until the next service is due, not the total mileage on the car . . so you should be okay, it means you have another 13850 miles to go before your next oil service. The figure calculates based on the number of miles you have driven over time, so it attempts to give an accurate representation of when the next service is due based on your driving history.
Useful to know not that I look in there too as you can tell! Thanks Catwoman. I thought it was a little strange and that makes more sense :lol:
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”