Cracked sunroof

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
KRDJAG

Cracked sunroof

Post by KRDJAG » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:27 am

Has anyone had a cracked sunroof?

The fixed rear section rather than opening front section. I fear a big debate with the insurance as to the difference between a panoramic roof and a sun roof. The former being excluded but the latter covered by the insurance.

The insurance policy clearly states 1. The glass in sunroof is covered. 2. Panoramic roofs are excluded.

I have not heard back my insurers yet but preparing for the fight! No idea how or when it happened. JLR quoted £2100. Looks as though the entire frame has to be replaced not just the glass.
I have a 2016 build so if it was a design/build flaw I am sure it would have gone before now. It has been mentioned it looks more like a stress crack rather than a stone chip. I am the second owner and have recently done some long drives with the back seats down. Would this effect the rigidity of that section of the car?

20190610_083622.jpg

20190610_083610.jpg

Jaguar F-Pace Metallic Ultimate Black 2.0d AWD Prestige , Wi-Fi, Jet Taurus Leather, Lane Departure, Sliding Pano Roof, rear camera, Powered Tailgate, heated windscreen and those ever so warm heated seats :D

mik

Re: Cracked sunroof

Post by mik » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 am

Back seats are not stressed so them being down wont make a difference.

I'd say a sliding pano roof is a sunroof. A fixed pano roof is a pano roof.

Both will be covered by your insurance if it is accident damage - the difference being whether they cover it in the specific glass section (which I think you are quoting), or treat it as a full claim (ie full excess and potential impact to your ncb).
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:37 am

Fairly recent topic on the Velar forums for the same thing.
You might want to keep an eye on it to see how that owner gets on.
https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2603
XE S 380, My18, Storm grey.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 pm

The same thing was happening to the Range Rover Evoque, it was caused by stress in the frame around the sunroof.

I wonder if you have the same issue.

I would be looking for JLR to replace this under warranty.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”