Is Incontrol App any good?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Beefbeefbeef

Is Incontrol App any good?

Post by Beefbeefbeef » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi

Just bought a 2.5 year old F-Pace. According to the dealer I can access Incontrol for another 6 months free of charge i.e. until the car is 3 years old.

My simple question is - is it any good? The reviews of the Incontrol app on the App Store are terrible!

Thanks
F-Pace S with 3 litre V6 diesel
Also own Jaguar XK

KeithL

Re: Is Incontrol any good?

Post by KeithL » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Give it a try and see what you think. I believe the iPhone app has better functionality than the Android version, but I have only used the latter so cannot say for certain. It isn't brilliant but it works.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:08 pm

If you have the pro version in the car then being able to start the car and set the temperature before you get in , securely, is useful during the winter.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:02 pm

You don’t need the pro version even the ordinary version does it, at least it does on mine.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:34 pm

I have android version. Not as much functionality as Apple but it works. Sitting here in Norway I can make the car beep and flash in London, start it, stop it and check it's still there. Also allows me to browse journeys and review stats. Its nice to have.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 pm

What extra functionality does Apple have over Android? The things you’ve mentioned above are pretty much all my Apple version can do.

I’ve mainly used mine to check the stats of my journeys so far. Distance / average speed / MPG. I’d like to think in winter I’ll use the remote start.
Shame you can’t turn on the heated windscreen / seats / steering wheel too!

I read in the manual that if the car is below a certain temperature that the heated windscreen comes on automatically. Does this happen with remote start too?
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Heated windscreen is automatic in the winter so in a few minutes you have a warm car and clear windscreen. Seats and steering wheel heat up very quickly so I haven't found that a problem. The android app has just four screens. Initial one showing if vehicle is locked allowing remote locking beep and flash and showing location, second screen remote start and target temperature, third showing journey history and fourth showing VIN. You get warnings from vehicle repeated in app so windscreen fluid, next service countdown etc. I haven't seen the Apple app but I seem to remember other users on here detailing some extra functionality...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Smitten wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:49 pm
Heated windscreen is automatic in the winter so in a few minutes you have a warm car and clear windscreen.
There is a setting to determine if the front and/or rear heated screens come on automatically. Presumably that setting would apply to remote start as well.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 pm

I have used mine for two winters now and both screen heaters always come on.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Smitten wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:49 pm
The android app has just four screens. Initial one showing if vehicle is locked allowing remote locking beep and flash and showing location, second screen remote start and target temperature, third showing journey history and fourth showing VIN. You get warnings from vehicle repeated in app so windscreen fluid, next service countdown etc. I haven't seen the Apple app but I seem to remember other users on here detailing some extra functionality...
The fifth screen in the Apple app is settings. Other than that, it sounds the same.

Good to hear the windscreen / rear window heaters come on. Should be able to come out to a defrosted / warm car after 10mins!!
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”