Heavy Ad Blu consumption or not?

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Deafender

Heavy Ad Blu consumption or not?

Post by Deafender » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:21 am

Ad Blu usage is new to us so I am unsure if we’ve an issue or not. I’ve searched the Forum not found anyone specifically mentioning this.

We got a warning to replenish the Ad Blu tank at about 3,000 miles and went ahead and filled it again... for us it’s too much fafff going to the dealership just for that -- and now at 7,700 miles it’s given is 800 miles or so for a re-fill again.

My wife uses it much more than I do, and I don’t think it’s being driven abnormally... a 100 mile round-trip commute into London plus the odd drive to the country type thing... does this seem high consumption?

TooTallTerry

Re: Heavy Ad Blu consumption or not?

Post by TooTallTerry » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:25 pm

I would say that seems a lot to be using, I get around 9,000 miles to a top up, had 3 so far at 34k. I drive lots of motorway miles and a little on local roads. what has the dealer said? Mine is a 240ps 2.0l D. how much did you add as the tank can hold around 12lts I believe.
Current- F-Pace SVR, Ultra Blue, Tan interior, 22" wheels ,360 Cameras &Privacy’ Glass. :D 8-)

Old - R-Sport 2.0d 240ps, AWD Auto,Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 8 way electric seats, tinted rear windows, folding heated mirrors

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:39 pm

I've just had my 4th topup about 23k. I have the service pack, so go to the garage (no appt needed) on a saturday morning, have a couple of coffees and play with the big toys! Not a pfaff at all. Quite a relaxing 30mins or so. The one thing I don't know is whether the dealer may have topped it up at its first service a year ago. That will screw the stats!

So at 4-4.5 fills i'm getting between 5k and 6k per fill up. 3k sounds very low, but I guess the question is was it full to start with?

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:55 pm

I needed 10 litres at about 6500 miles, mix of short and medium length journeys with a single 2000 mile stint of motorway plus A road driving. I think hard acceleration in cold conditions uses more....or maybe you see more steam.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Deafender

Post by Deafender » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Thanks for those replies... MUCH appreciated!

Sounds like we may have an issue so we’ll get it checked out by the dealer.

I’ll post on the outcome.

Cheers!

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”