Softest seats ??? Artificial hip and don’t like Taurus

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Spike66k

Softest seats ??? Artificial hip and don’t like Taurus

Post by Spike66k » Thu May 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Sorry to trouble you,
I’m trading in my xkr for an f pace 3.0 s petrol.
I test drove a 3 year old f pace tonight with Taurus leather, and would like to ask you experts as to which f pace has the “softest” seats s please?
I have an artificial hip, and would like the softest seats on my butt !!!
Many thanks for your advice and experiences

Wookiee

Re: Softest seats ??? Artificial hip and don’t like Taurus

Post by Wookiee » Fri May 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Portfolio, with Windsor leather.
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm

As an owner of both F Pace and XKR Convertible (X150) I think you are going to be slightly disappointed... I thought the leather quality was a step down from my previous X100 XKR when I bought the current one, but the F Pace continues the downward slide.

As for the seats, the current post 2016 Lear Corp ones again aren't as good as the earlier XK/XF ones.

There is no difference in the comfort of the 'Sports' and 'Portfolio' ones as they use the same frames and basic support structure with the major/only visual difference being the reduced seat base side 'wings' on the Portfolio. Easier for access, but not as supportive in fast corners as the Sports ones...

They're not the worst seats I've sat in recently (a friends new Renault Kadjar being the worst), but I would make sure you get 14/18 way function with lumbar support on any F Pace you buy...

Spike66k

Post by Spike66k » Fri May 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Thank you so much for your replies.
As I love the car, I’m biting the bullet !!
It has the 14 way adjustment... so for the sake of my hip, I can extend or retract the cushion.
Wife has a Lexus RX .... such a comfortable seat .

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri May 17, 2019 6:06 pm

I find the comfort good (have 14 way with lumbar) but am a little worried about the long term wear on the leather. My previous Audi had 100,000 on the clock and less wear on the leather than my current ride after 10,000 miles. Creases are developing in drivers seat bolsters despite cleaning and maintenance. Suspect there will be a lot of wear in these areas at 50,000 miles let alone 100,000....
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”