SVR - clicking noise when steering

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jagseven

Re: SVR - clicking noise when steering

Post by Jagseven » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Woohoo - fingers crossed 🤞
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:47 pm

TooTallTerry - did you get your car back - all sorted?
My car is still with the dealer despite being now promised twice it would be returned within 3 days and then being told they ordered the wrong part and the correct part is on back order - I'm struggling to get any answers from CRC or the dealer about how much longer I will be left waiting. Come on Jaguar sort your act out!

TooTallTerry

Post by TooTallTerry » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi Jagseven, no my car is still with the dealer that’s 3 weeks solid now. I’ve been told exactly the same thing parts are coming then wrong ones arrive.

I went in on Tuesday to try and get some answers and I also had to get some things out of it. Still waiting on parts, meant to get an update later in the day from service manager and still nothing! I will be chasing tomorrow as away working. But if it’s not done by Tuesday I think I’ll take the car back and wait till the parts arrive. Im trying to save multiple visits to the dealer but I may have to now. Im frustrated as I seem to have to chase for an update. I didn’t spend a fare chunk of change for me to chase round.

In 3 weeks I could have traveled anywhere in the world and back with parts.

I hope yours get sorted soon but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Current- F-Pace SVR, Ultra Blue, Tan interior, 22" wheels ,360 Cameras &Privacy’ Glass. :D 8-)

Old - R-Sport 2.0d 240ps, AWD Auto,Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 8 way electric seats, tinted rear windows, folding heated mirrors

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Latest update is parts due to arrive towards the end of this week - that will take it past the 3 weeks for me too.
Might be longer of course if the parts don't turn up - I find it hard to trust anything they tell me now.
TooTallTerry - any update on your car?

TooTallTerry

Post by TooTallTerry » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi Jagseven,

I was going to collect the car yesterday even if it wasn't done yet as it's 4 weeks as of the 26th, which is not acceptable.
And oh guess what nope not done, they have chased the parts again to be told they should be packed and leaving by the end of the month, what ever that means!!!!! When we spoke last week I said I'd collect it either way this week but now being advised not to drive the car so I cannot collect it!!
Dealer is as confused as me, and I'm really fed up with not knowing when the parts will even be at the dealer. I could have flown anywhere in the world 5 times to collect them. All being well I hope to get it back end of next week as I'm away until Thursday anyway.
Current- F-Pace SVR, Ultra Blue, Tan interior, 22" wheels ,360 Cameras &Privacy’ Glass. :D 8-)

Old - R-Sport 2.0d 240ps, AWD Auto,Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 8 way electric seats, tinted rear windows, folding heated mirrors

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:25 am

How long after having your SVRs did the clicking start? So far I haven't heard anything on mine but I'm only on 400 miles.
Current: F-Pace SVR :twisted:
Sold: 2018 F-Pace S 3.0D

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:50 am

I have been told by customer relations that the part arrived at the dealership yesterday and my car should be ready tomorrow but I won’t believe it until it’s all sorted.
Rusk - I first heard the dreaded click after about 2 weeks but hopefully your car has the new improved part and will be fine - fingers crossed.

TooTallTerry

Post by TooTallTerry » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Jagseven, ah that's good news for you if it's true - lol

If parts are available then it shouldn't be long till i get mine back either.

Rusk,
To be honest i never noticed it until i saw the post on here and checked it out, full lock slow moving open your windows and listen.
However as Jagseven say's hopefully your will be ok.

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:06 pm

I’m 600 miles in and not heard anything.
But by the sounds of it it’s just crabbing the stress of the Huge tyres so I can’t see how any parts would sort it out
All Glc ‘s do it just google it really common don’t think it’s anything to worry about .
You definitely need some sort of compensation for them having your car for 4 weeks tho . Ring jaguar customer service they are helpful and take on your case to get you something

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:26 pm

It’s not crabbing - it’s a faulty wheel hub as I understand hence the need for new parts - but I’ll try and get more info when I get my car back. I did involve Jaguar customer relations and have asked for some compensation - it will have been exactly 3 weeks for me if I get my car back tomorrow.

I have certainly missed the SVR and looking forward to getting behind the wheel again.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”