SVR - clicking noise when steering

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
p3eps

Re: SVR - clicking noise when steering

Post by p3eps » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 am

Jagseven wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am

Interesting- when my car went in last week the system (according to service reception) showed 14 parts had been ordered and were ready to fit before Sod’s law meant the noise disappeared at the critical time. What I don’t understand is the car went in previously to be diagnosed which is why the parts were ordered in the first place but they seemingly could not get authority from Jaguar to carry out the repair last week due to the temporary absence of the click. That’s why I decided to call Jaguar CRC - I was promised a response by Monday
I got the same story from my dealership, and the JLR Executive Office. Currently, they are calling me every day with an update because of all the problems I’m having.

They gave me the option to keep the RR Vogue for the next 3 weeks until mine is fixed - but I’d rather have mine back for the time in the middle.

They need to fit different bearings from originally advised - and these are what’s out of stock. They the required driveshaft in stock.
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 pm

The dealer has my car again... this time they have the parts in stock.
So far, I’ve had the SVR almost 6 months (will be 6 months on Sunday), and the dealer has had it for 9 and a half weeks of that!

Anyway... today I got a video from the technician who had just done the work. They have fitted 2 x new front driveshafts, 2 x new front wheel bearings, and new front brake pads.
This should stop the clicking when turning... and hopefully stop the horrendously squeaky brakes I have!

Looking forward to getting it back with all the issues resolved... however they’re keeping it to try and find a rattle in the drivers door that I’ve been moaning about since day 1 - but they can’t replicate!

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 am

I think there is a lesson in here somewhere about avoiding new models and variants until they have been in production for several months. There were many issues with early production runs of the F Pace in general. Lucky to have no issues with mine. Anyway hopefully this is an end to your problems!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 am

My car has be at the garage since Monday for the clicking fix and is due back today - a day later than promised as some parts on back order etc despite me being reassured before they had the parts required. I waived the option of a loan car to avoid another 6 week wait.

I also have squeaky brakes but very minor so forgot to mention that - damn! Fingers crossed the click has gone and all is well.
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:48 pm

I pick my SVR up on Monday so hopefully all these issues have been corrected at factory before mine was built!
Current: F-Pace SVR :twisted:
Sold: 2018 F-Pace S 3.0D

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Wouldn’t bet on it... they practically deny this is happening!

guyevo

Post by guyevo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 pm

So far haven't noticed any clicking on mine and I've been parking most week days in a multi storey carpark. Brakes have a slight squeak to them but nothing serious (yet!)

Had very squeaky brakes many years ago on my Evo VI, used to go right through you like running finger nails down a school blackboard 😂
Ultra Blue SVR - Delivered 1/8/19 😍

TooTallTerry

Post by TooTallTerry » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:38 am

Jagseven wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 am
My car has be at the garage since Monday for the clicking fix and is due back today - a day later than promised as some parts on back order etc despite me being reassured before they had the parts required. I waived the option of a loan car to avoid another 6 week wait.

I also have squeaky brakes but very minor so forgot to mention that - damn! Fingers crossed the click has gone and all is well.

Mine has been in for 2 over two weeks now waiting on new bearings (first set sent were wrong), hopefully they will arrive today and I will get it back on Monday. The other items were a poor fitting window seal, and a vibration noise in the rear seat area. These should have already been dealt with I'm told.

I'm so missing my SVR, I've been given a 18 plate XJ 3.0d and its not a great car, in-fact it's a horrible drive maybe best to be driven in?
Current- F-Pace SVR, Ultra Blue, Tan interior, 22" wheels ,360 Cameras &Privacy’ Glass. :D 8-)

Old - R-Sport 2.0d 240ps, AWD Auto,Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 8 way electric seats, tinted rear windows, folding heated mirrors

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:58 am

My car didn’t come back yesterday- they had ordered the wrong part and the correct part is on back order. I’m now in a new Range Rover Evoque waiting for an update.

The Evoque is not a bad car but I want my SVR back!
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Got mine back today. Everything done, other than the rattle in the drivers door - because they couldn’t replicate it.
Didn’t rattle on my way home from work, but will keep an eye on it.

Hopefully that’s me done...

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”