Rust on rear door or paint imperfection

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jalees

Rust on rear door or paint imperfection

Post by Jalees » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:40 am

Hi Folks,

I hope you all f pace owners had a great long weekend. Well I spent a day cleaning and waxing the car and found something not so desirable, rear door driver side to edge where the window molding is looks like it's rusting beneath the paint looked at the other side same place I can see something similar but less prominent. Now it can be rust as I said or it can be a paint imperfection, I am attaching 2 pictures where to find it.
If any of you guys could please have a look at yours and see if you also have it ? or its just me.
Car is only 5 months old and at 5900 miles.
Thanks.

20190423_002159.jpg

20190423_002048.jpg

MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Deltasierra

Re: Rust on rear door or paint imperfection

Post by Deltasierra » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:36 am

Hi. This looks like corrosion underneath the paint caused by improper cleaning before the painting process it is a warranty issue, take it back to the dealer.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for checking and replying. Yes contacted dealer shared the pictures as they said they will forward this to the body shop and would see how it goes from there. But would be nice to cross check if other f pace users have something similar at the same spot.

Thanks.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:00 pm

That's rust under the paint, i would be asking for the door to be replaced as you would not know what sort of damage is inside the door itself.

Not good.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jalees

Re: 25t petrol engine slight engine knock while accelerating

Post by Jalees » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:51 am

Hi,

I agree with you and I keep on telling myself Jaguar is a high end prestigious car and try to forget the Mercedes features and build quality. Unfortunately it's not. On long weekend I spent my day cleaning and waxing my 5 month old car and this what I found makes me totally disgusted on rear door please see attached pictures. If it was Kia I would be like ok what you pay is what you get but paying 55k I think no one is going to agree with this.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Can’t see picture ??
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi,

Here you go.

Thanks.

20190423_080850.jpg

20190423_002159.jpg

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Thu May 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi,

Update today car got booked for inspection from jaguar approved body shop, they took pictures measured paint depth just to check if I have not done any sort of repairs myself prior , anyway their procedure. Now all would be sent out to JLR with estimates if all approved then they would repair it under warranty and it's going to be a repair in that particular area only and a paint job what I could extract from the discussions.

Thanks.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 am

Hi,
Finally car went in for repairs, it would be 3 weeks, panel alignments, corrosion repairs, now I have been given a courtesy car but I had to arrange insurance cover note for that temporary car from my existing insurance and for that matter I had to pay that amount.
Never had to arrange an insurance whenever I got a courtesy car , any thoughts since work been done under warranty and why I am being penalised although amount is not huge but still I don't feel good about it based on previous experience with previous manufacturer.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”