Issues with Warranties Customer Service and Main dealer failing to action for a long time

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Apollya

Issues with Warranties Customer Service and Main dealer failing to action for a long time

Post by Apollya » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:17 pm

I'm hoping for some help and advice.

Basic issues for me are:
stitching mis-alignment on dashboard above glove-box, it's wonky and completely out of alignment.
Poor Quality leather on seats from new, creases and poor fitting when stitched together
Micro-scratches appearing at rear of vehicle on rear side wings
Broken headlight washer support inside bumper on one-side.
Boot Door panel gaps due to poor alignment when fitting.

I've been dealing with Lancaster in Tamworth, their customer service agent failed to deal with issues or even log first time when i took vehicle for first service, then again 3 months later, since October Last year I have been dealing with their customer services director.

Jaguar customer services are refusing to put right, but i have nothing from them in writing only relayed via Lancaster Jaguar.

I'm unhappy and want all these issues resolved but I need direct contact to escalate through JLR and then take to trading standards / ombudsmen as needed to get resolution.

Advice welcomed and appreciated.
2.0D AWD Auto Dark Sapphire Blue R-Sport, Black Pack, LED Lights, Sliding Pano roof, Privacy glass, Adaptive; Dynamics & Queue assist, 18-way mem climate seats, 380W ICTP, Lane and 360 Park assist, blind spot, Gesture tailgate... :D

June16

Re: Issues with Warranties Customer Service and Main dealer failing to action for a long time

Post by June16 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:59 pm

If your dealer isn’t helping you contact CRC directly yourself and tell them what is wrong and be clear what you want fixed , they should then contact the dealer.

Even though the dealer says they have contacted JLR as I found when I phoned directly things got sorted a lot quicker. I was told the dealer contact at JLR is not the same contact a customer gets through so don’t be put off contacting them yourself.

Hope you get things sorted quicker.

Oh and when you contact CRC at JLR you should get allocated a case manager and a named person to contact. At CRC
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Apollya

Re: Issues with Warranties Customer Service and Main dealer failing to action for a long time

Post by Apollya » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks June16, very helpful. I will do that. any links or details as to where i can find contacts for CRC?

EDIT: NVM found the details by google search for Jaguar CRC
2.0D AWD Auto Dark Sapphire Blue R-Sport, Black Pack, LED Lights, Sliding Pano roof, Privacy glass, Adaptive; Dynamics & Queue assist, 18-way mem climate seats, 380W ICTP, Lane and 360 Park assist, blind spot, Gesture tailgate... :D

CS@Jaguar

Post by CS@Jaguar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 am

Good Morning Apollya

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply concerned to learn of the experience you have shared.

I would like to investigate this further for you, please may I request that you send me the following details via PM:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your Personal Contact Details
The details of the retailer you have been in contact with

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Apollya

Post by Apollya » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Dan,

As requested I have PM'd you details.

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:54 am

Glad that you've made contact with JLR UK. You may or may not be aware that Tamworth Jaguar will be shutting down very shortly and the nearest dealer will then be in Birmingham. We bought our F-Pace from them last year and I got a letter from Jardine (parent company of Lancaster) stating the closure around 3 weeks ago.

Hope you get resolution quickly.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Grey Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist, tow-bar and lumbar).

2PP

Post by 2PP » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi Apollya

Please can you advise the outcome once one is decided upon.

I have also noticed very small hairline scratches on my new F Pace rear panel, not really a noticeable concern but I know they are there. Two maybe three depending on the light.

Bit of of head scratcher as to where they came from as I am extremely careful when washing vehicle, fuelling up and parking.

Thanks,

2PP

Apollya

Post by Apollya » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Sure mate,

i will let you know official outcome if / when I get one.

As an engineer my best guess would be these are due to turbulence zone in aerodynamics of the vehicle at the rear where any passing small particles get caught and rubbed along the body, on most vehicles this would not be an issue, but JLR i also believe have over-cost-engineered the paint and as a result it is now too thin.

Apollya

Post by Apollya » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Hey 2PP, well I've gone through warranties inspection at Sturgess Leicester, they were very good at booking in (although long wait) to their credit they changed the headlight jet washer mechanism that had broken and the petrol filler cap spring (also broken as cheaply made) but they have not done anything on all the other issues, which in my opinion are far more serious.

Micro scratches - they said they do not think it is a defect and obviously something has removed the paint. My point is that it is just too thin, and/or poor aerodynamics and should not be expected to see white micro scratches where it had gone through to primer just from driving eg not stone chips etc.

leather seats they stated to be expected for a 2 year old vehicle, i have photos from 1 month old which showed how creased they were on delivery, but that was ignored.

Mis-aligned stitching on the dashboard above the glove box, they stated to be expected for a 2 year old vehicle, again present from day one and photos to prove. to me this is a failed quality control check, but they rushed through .

Tailgate panel gap, they said it can be fixed but would need to be booked into their repair workshop.

No Comment on the bumper damage due to sensor failure.

JLR customer Care have not briefed them properly or been involved in ensuring all items were checked properly against all known info (e.g. the photos i have sent them).

I have contacted the original dealer Rockar today and at present am going for Rejection of the vehicle. Sad as its a great car to drive, they just need to fix the silly little issues

2PP

Post by 2PP » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:46 pm

Hi Apollo’s

Sorry to hear that your series of faults were not amended to your satisfaction. There is no doubt the paint quality or indeed application is a cause for concern I must agree with you in relation to the paint thickness being somewhat lacking in substance. Hopefully should you pursue the rejection option it will go without any stress !

Thanks for the update and apologies for the delay in responding.

Cheers 2PP

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”