Key fob rubber housing

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
redonebe

Key fob rubber housing

Post by redonebe » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Don't know how to describe it but this is happening:

Keyfob Jaguar - 1.jpg

Keyfob Jaguar - 2.jpg

Keyfob Jaguar - 3.jpg

Anyone else had the same problem?

Can add this to the error list. I think I had already more problems with the F-Pace than all my other cars together over 40 years. Had to replace one other key fob but that was a 6 years old Peugeot with over 200.000 kms on the counter.
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

Jalees

Re: Key fob rubber housing

Post by Jalees » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi,
Looks like it's melting or something. Where do you normally place your keys something hot near the keys or maybe keyfob itself getting warm to an extent that it looks deformed like this? Better get the dealer sort it out if it's still under warranty.
Thanks.
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

DPE

Post by DPE » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 pm

No, that's a first, but looks heat related ?
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

redonebe

Post by redonebe » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:37 am

I always keep the keys in my pocket. Never put them in the sun because otherwise the metal part gets too hot.
It is not really deformed. Looks as if there was not enough glue at the edges.
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”