Jaguar and Land Rover cars recalled for excessive CO2 emissions

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
June16

Re: Jaguar and Land Rover cars recalled for excessive CO2 emissions

Post by June16 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 pm

jeffreywoodham wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:49 pm
My car goes in next week. I have built up an excellent rapport with my dealer and I’m not expecting any problems. Legal opinions, good God, are we not overthinking this a little, it’s only a software update.
Not when they admit “customers will notice a performance change”.

I’m happy for others to be a beta tester for this update . If you got shafted ( like my brother) on the VW engine update , you do tend to be a bit more cautious on updates with details of the change in parameters to the engine. Once bitten and all that ...
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:03 pm

I think you have changed “may” to “will” I’ll take my chances but I very much doubt whether I’ll notice anything, I’ll keep you posted.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Georgy

Post by Georgy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Is the recall obligatory? I’d be tempted to refuse any mods. “If it ain’t broke”

DPE

Post by DPE » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 pm

if the cars performance is a noticeably change it will be important. Especially if it was a main reason why you purchased the F Pace. I would not be happy if it made the F Pace a bit lame !
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 pm

A bit lame, I doubt it. I can’t see it making much difference to a 3.0d diesel. There are people on here who say they use ECO mode all the time, I can’t understand why you would buy an F-Pace and do that. Mine stays in ‘chequered flag’ mode.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:46 am

Georgy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:05 pm
Is the recall obligatory? I’d be tempted to refuse any mods. “If it ain’t broke”
If it's an emission issue then you maybe OK till the first cars MOT, problem with these manufactures and it's not Jaguar it's them all, your car goes in for a service and they could change many things, they say they have updated software ect but your never know 100% what they have changed, if you have your car serviced yearly then you may find they have to do the update with or without your permission, they could do it and just not tell you.

They could have just said nothing and done this update anyway when the cars are serviced so in some ways you have to say at least they have told you, now if that's a Jaguar decision or the industry government telling them to tell you who knows. ;)
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Emission figures such as CO2 aren’t checked on MOT, I guess you’d soon find out the update is applied when it no longer shows as an outstanding campaign in topix.
But yes they could have just done the update without saying anything , but that’s not ethical.

What is more interesting is that the testing failure showed up the diesel CO2 issue as listed by the EU , then JLR subsequently release info on the petrol......so where is the diesel fix ( which will be harder to implement) .are they burying the diesel info with petrol updates and news of recalls just incase someone shouts dieselgate ?😳
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:49 pm

A very good point and I am sure someone with a diesel car that this affects will find out.

as for Jaguar and ethical, :lol: :lol:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Yeh I did chuckle typing ethical 😂😂

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”