Bird do do!

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
JAGFlubster

Bird do do!

Post by JAGFlubster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:44 am

Morning All

Have some particularly stubborn bird poo on my car! Have used elbow grease as much as I dare and was hoping someone could recommend some kind of cleaning product to dissolve the rest without harming the paintwork.

20190113_113138.jpg

Thanks in advance

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

catwoman

Re: Bird do do!

Post by catwoman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am

Doesn't need any special chemical cleaning products . . just let it to soak in water long enough for it to soften properly first and it'll wipe off with very little effort. No need to scrub hard at it 'cos that could definitely scratch the paint surface. Even the most stubborn 'kak' can be removed with plain water if you allow it to soak for a while.

We recently had an extreme experience of being 'birded' on from a great height . . a Starling murmuration overhead late one afternoon last autumn. The car was parked on the drive and copped for it, but not only the car; all the house windows and front door got well 'n truly splattered too! A murmuration might be a wonderful sight, but not when you're right under it! . . . I took it as a sign of possible impending good luck, but we haven't won the euro-millions yet :lol:

f-pace murmuration aftermath 800.jpg

8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Once removed if it has etched into the paint then use a light cutting compound with a damp cloth and plenty of water as a lubricant. I’ve got a tube of Farecla G3 regular grade compound it works great. Then use a polish and top off with a wax.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

mik

Post by mik » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Soak paper towel and lay it on for an hour or so - this works great for bird5hit and dead insects!

The. Just wipe off.

As above - if it has been on for a while the paint is likely to be marked. If you don’t have a light automotive polish, Braddy will do the job nicely. Wax afterwards.
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

big jon

Post by big jon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:07 pm

spray on snow foam from a hand held pressure sprayer, leave five mins then hose off with water job done.

never rub it bird crap has grit in it and will scratch

my car was coated with gtechniq ceramic when new in sept 2016 still looks like new.
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”