Software Updates (OtA)

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
521RE

Re: Software Updates (OtA)

Post by 521RE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Arnie! Good news

I have sept 2016 portfolio. Was on original software and had the update to 19b yesterday. Had a little trouble connecting iPhone via Bluetooth but eventually worked. Dealer said couldn’t download Apple car play and need to raise a TA ( technical assistance) from Jaguar.
I connected iPhone via usb and Apple car play was there ! All works well. Process took a total of around 4 hours

Good luck with yours

Rob

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks 521RE

Well that's good to know. Can I ask what was the main draw for you to update now? I quite like the old layout and don't really have any problems. I have seen the new layout recently on a courtesy car when in for a service and quite liked it too. Didn't have a great deal of time to play with it but did test out Android Auto which seemed pretty good and overall things seemed to happen a bit faster. Did you find it loses all your personal settings like driver history, connected bluetooth devices, favourite radio stations, saved sat nav destinations? Dealer has advised me I would loose all that information.

Thanks
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

521RE

Post by 521RE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Apple car play was a plus for me. The new software is quicker than before. My saved destinations radio stations etc from before are still there

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 am

spiderrog46 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:07 pm
Thanks KJ -But surely my phone is automatically connected to Bluetooth and it just auto connects when I get into the car. I will persevere in the morning though and perhaps unpair and then pair again to see if that helps. Thanks very much for your input I'm sure we'll get there. The car is only 12 months old, registered Sept 19 and has done almost 6,000 miles now so I am not a heavy user. I suppose I can live without this feature but it is frustrating.
Roger
Is the software on your phone up to date also have you tried a different cable sometimes that can help.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

spiderrog46

Post by spiderrog46 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 pm

EUREKA....it now works at last.
And the secret is......... plug in the phone to the USB connection BEFORE starting the engine. Did this and it all started up and displayed as expected. Thanks to all for the help and advice. Shows the value of forums such as this..
Cheers guys ..and gals
F Pace, Black, September 2018, panoramic roof, radar, kick to open the boot feature and it's petrol 2 litre

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Yayyyy..... :D

I was about to borrow my Mrs. iPhone to try out with lots of questions and exclamations associated with that....hahaha.

Glad it works.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Katoaristera

Post by Katoaristera » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm

SOTA update to 19b here also (France) on My2018 model bought on April 2017.
Appeared yesterday after many months of “no update available”.
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 am

spiderrog46 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:34 pm
Thank you for your response RDB1, i have followed your suggestions including watching the video a number of times. Each time I plug in my lightening Apple lead into my phone and into the USB socket in the locker I get the same message. "Connection failed. Disconnect USB cable, reconnect and try again" - heads getting sore now from so much scratching...!!
Hi Spiderrog46

One more thought then - have you tried a different cable? I had problem with a number of USB cables but then tried the original manufacturers phone cable and it worked. I then ordered a separate one for the car and so far connection has been reliable. Some cables have trouble with data but will charge the phone. Its a bit clutching at straws but you never know.

It may have to be a dealer trip otherwise but it should be under warranty if anything is found

Good luck
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:16 pm

golferpete wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:06 pm
I have been checking for updates periodically for the last couple of months since 19B came out, always with the same result of 'Your software is up to date'.

This morning I had an email from Jaguar UK with the subject 'Don’t forget to activate software updates for your Jaguar.'

Sure enough when I turned the car on, it told me there was a software update available.

It was a bit clunky but worked eventually (it would be nice if it displayed a % progress on the various steps, so you knew something was happening, but hey, at least it updates without a dealer visit.

Now running 19B (updated from 19A)
Yeh I was on 18c last night, connected to house Wi-fi, and update available.
Sat for ages whilst it downloaded, then it said installing......gave up after 4 hours went to bed.

This am it says installing still , then after 30 mins went back to 18c with check for updates 😳😳

Nothing better to do so it now says downloading again, any tips or is it just persevere?
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Dear Jaguar please can we have a progress bar?
It doesn’t matter if it lies like the Microsoft one, I just need something to tell me it’s not sitting there taking the P*ss out of me 😂😂
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”