Software Updates (OtA)

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Black300Sport

Re: Software Updates (OtA)

Post by Black300Sport » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:47 pm

I got 19B yesterday OTA too from 19A.

Those two software buttons aren’t there anymore for me.

Is there a change list for 19B version?
Black 300 Sport (Petrol) - Northern Ireland

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:41 pm

F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:15 pm

You are the man :) thanks.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

spiderrog46

Post by spiderrog46 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Now eventually I have version 19B downloaded and the screen confirming that. I plug in my iPhone and the screen says that it's loading iPhone which is then followed by a message saying "connection to iPhone failed, unplug the USB and try again". I have done that and get the same everytime. I swipe right from the main screen and it shows Apple Car Play as one of the options as well as Android. Press the Apple one and connect the USB and still no connection. I go into connectivity and scroll down to Apple connection, follow the instructions and still no success. Is it me ? have I not switched something on or perhaps there is something I should switch off. Either way, after all this time waiting for this over the air update and now seems I have only got a bit of it and not all. Disappointed and increasingly frustrated with it all. (I am in the South of England UK)
F Pace, Black, September 2018, panoramic roof, radar, kick to open the boot feature and it's petrol 2 litre

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 pm

I have Android Auto and had a similar experience when using it. After much faffing I improved my experience by -

- Go to settings (the two gear wheels on the main menu)
- Go to All settings
- Go to Connectivity
- Select Apple device settings
- Select default connection
- Make Apple your default

Not sure if it will help in your situation but it made a difference for me.

Regards
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:57 pm

F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

spiderrog46

Post by spiderrog46 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:34 pm

Thank you for your response RDB1, i have followed your suggestions including watching the video a number of times. Each time I plug in my lightening Apple lead into my phone and into the USB socket in the locker I get the same message. "Connection failed. Disconnect USB cable, reconnect and try again" - heads getting sore now from so much scratching...!!
F Pace, Black, September 2018, panoramic roof, radar, kick to open the boot feature and it's petrol 2 litre

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi,

Can you give 1 more try if it's already not like this.
First connect your phone using Bluetooth, then connect usb cable and see if it makes any difference. I am not sure but I think both are required Bluetooth and cable to work as per my experience if you haven't tried that already.

Thanks.

KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

spiderrog46

Post by spiderrog46 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks KJ -But surely my phone is automatically connected to Bluetooth and it just auto connects when I get into the car. I will persevere in the morning though and perhaps unpair and then pair again to see if that helps. Thanks very much for your input I'm sure we'll get there. The car is only 12 months old, registered Sept 19 and has done almost 6,000 miles now so I am not a heavy user. I suppose I can live without this feature but it is frustrating.
Roger

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Can I just ask is their anyone on this forum whose car Is Nov 2016 or prior with ICTP who has successfully updated from the original factory software to this current new version 19B or whatever it is without any problems?

Mine is still on the original but I am booked in for this H251 campaign soon. They can't tell me how long it will take because they have never done one yet that goes back as far as 2016. Apparently you cannot just jump to latest version. They have to go through a series of updates to get to latest. Was looking forward to it but feeling a bit apprehensive now!

Thanks.
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”