<t>Continue with POTM in 2019, yes or no?</t>

• <t>Yes</t>

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • <t>No</t>

Votes: 5 22.7%

POTM for 2019... ?

9K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  catwoman 
#1 ·
The POTM feature was introduced primarily because the F-Pace is such a beautiful elegant looking design for an SUV, still one of the best out there on the roads, and it deserves to be photographed in all sorts of various locations and under different conditions.

We've had some truly breathtaking photos submitted during the 18 months that the 'contest' has been running, but it would be fair to say that participation and general interest in the feature seems to have been declining recently.

So, a simple question really . . . do you want to see the POTM continue this year, or would you like to see something else take it's place?
If so, then what? You can answer the poll 'yes' or 'no', whether to continue with POTM, or use the thread to comment or put forward other suggestions.

All thoughts and ideas will be gratefully received . . this place is a place for all of us to share, so if you want features like this then it's up to you to show your support, for the ongoing good of the forum. Many thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hi Catwoman,
I enjoy this feature and would like it to continue,please.
Neil

#3 ·
Even though I have now sold my F-Pace and won't be able to contribute (not that my photography skills would allow anyway :lol: ) I do enjoy some of the outstanding pictures posted.

It is true some months have been better than others and wonder if the drop off in contributions is seasonal rather than lack of enthusiasm?

#7 ·
I voted "no".

I liked the idea, but as you say - both submissions and votes are now much reduced. The fact I never won anything has not affected my voting here. :D

Maybe try switching to quarterly to bring both numbers back up? (Can possibly make it Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn?) :?

#9 ·
A good idea, but lets not let it slowly decline and loose interest. I think the version of Best Seasonal Photo is a good idea that has been put forward in a post already.

#10 ·
mik said:
I voted "no".

I liked the idea, but as you say - both submissions and votes are now much reduced. The fact I never won anything has not affected my voting here. :D

Maybe try switching to quarterly to bring both numbers back up? (Can possibly make it Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn?) :?
sounds like a good idea so there is a greater number to choose from to vote and see.

#11 ·
Wouldn't describe it as a particularly high turnout for this poll, our very own 'meaningful vote', but of those who have expressed an opinion it appears to be a resounding thumbs-up for continuing POTM, with 77% in favour . . . thanks to everyone for their input and support.

I liked the quarterly 'seasonal' idea, so we could maybe introduce something like that after seeing how the next few month's entries go. :)

January's thread is now up and running for accepting entries, https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4372 so let's see all those F-Pace photos and make it a contest worth holding and voting on! £20 Amazon eVoucher for the winning pic each month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.