Hello all.

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jdr0-3

Hello all.

Post by Jdr0-3 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 pm

Hello Gentleman (& Ladies?)

I am on the brink of PXing my D5 for a F Pace R sport 2.0L, with a few extras. I was stunned at how well it drove in comparison with my Landrover I know it is a different type of car but it was seriously impressive, however I have a few questions I am hoping you guys can answer.

1).... Does the 2.0L diesel suffer from the oil dilution issue? – The dealer told me to do my own research!

2)... Is there an extended Jaguar warranty? -The dealer tells me one year extension is all that is available seemed a bit odd to me.

My plan would be to keep the car for 5 years has anyone one on this forum got any experience of high mileage cars?

Thanks in advance......

Jim

Re: Hello all.

Post by Jim » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 pm

jdr0-3,

1. I have not heard of this being an issue with the F-Pace and on my MY17 2.0ltr 180D the first and only service it had was at around 21,000 miles as per the recommended mileage (after about 19 months).

2. If the arrangement for warranty extension for the F-Pace is the same as for other Jaguar cars and it hasn't changed in the last few years then after the initial 3 year period it is possible to purchase additional one year periods (which can be just repairs or repairs and Jaguar assist), year on year up to some maximum age and or mileage.

Could this be what your dealer meant?
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

mik

Post by mik » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:55 am

We had a D3 (Metropolis - fully loaded!) And then a D4 HSE. Both epic cars. But we were utterly "meh" about the D5 when we viewed. None of that helps you, but I wanted to share. :oops: Mrs mik adores her FP 8-)
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:02 am

I'm sure extended an extended warranty will be available at a price, depending on mileage and it will likely be restricted to major components.
Oil dilution has not been a big issue on the FPace so far, unlike the Discovery Sport and Discovery 5 where it is a major issue.
If you do a lot of short journeys the particulate filter will not regenerate properly and extra fuel is used some of which ends up in the oil. So the engine may call for an early oil change, all modern diesels suffer from this and the best way to avoid it is to do at least one longer maybe half hour journey each week.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Jdr0-3

Post by Jdr0-3 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:27 am

Thank you all,

All very reassuring to hear.

I have previously had 15 years of Land rover ownership all discovery’s and all faultless the D5 has been a big disappointment not only in the oil dilution department but just in general.
My mileage is circa 15K-18K per year with minimal short trips.

It sounds like I Just need to fine tune the deal and quiz the dealer on the extended warranty.

Cheers guys.

47jag

Post by 47jag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Jdr0-3

If your R-Sport is coming with Pirelli P Zero tyres you are in for a dissapointment. These tyres are useless on 19” rims. Read the thread about skipping front wheels. Jaguar and Pirelli cover themselves by saying you have to fit Winter tyres when the temp. is below 7C. I had mine skipping at an indicated 13C. If you can ask for Continentals to be fitted.

Art

Jdr0-3

Post by Jdr0-3 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up Art I will ask the question at the dealers.....

J

SwiftPaws

Post by SwiftPaws » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:16 am

I received my car end of Sept.
and the dealer asked me if I'd like winter or summer tyres.
I chose the 20" winter tyres, which then ended to be Pirelli Scorpions winter.
No issues so far but also not seen any ice or snow yet...
Better reaction and handling than the Mercedes in front of me which would not let me by at 140 mph.
(Trip in Germany :-) ).
Firm control until max. speed up to 150 mph / 240 km/h.
F-Pace 3.0d Portfolio, ICTP + winter package
MY2017

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 pm

I just returned from Germany Swiftpaws. I managed 234kph (roughly 145.4 mph) before I ran out of road but by that point the car was running out of steam. Acceleration was brisk to 220kph and then slowed somewhat. With another mile and I might have squeezed a little more out of it but there are a lot of speed restricted areas these days. I was lucky as it was dry and very early so not much traffic to suddenly emerge in the outside lane.
Very satisfying road test!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Introductions”