Mercedes
10%
None of the above
21%

Total votes: 42

jeffreywoodham

Re: Next car choice?

Post by jeffreywoodham » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Perhaps we should start a new section where like-minded people can discuss what a bad car the Jaguar F Pace is and leave the rest of us to our forum.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:20 pm

nphe9974 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 pm
Smitten wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Same vehicle as you at same price point. Quality is superb. No issues whatsoever. Drives extremely well. Nine months ownership and 1 dealer visit for software update with loan car provided. Love my car. Had an Alpha GTV years back and it had good build quality but I wouldn't put it in Porche class. Unfortunately you have had a poor experience. I have had a great one and would highly recommend the F Pace to anyone.
its great that you love your F-Pace but let’s be honest, the interior isn’t good enough for a 50k plus car.
Disagree. Yep some of the lower level plastic is a bit scratchy but it was on my Audi as well. And my BMW. And my VW. And my Alpha. It's all very subjective. If you want to find fault in anything, you will. My Audi used to tramline on tarmac (steering wasnt sharp) and had a old fashioned Sat nav. Door bins had the same plastic as the F Pace...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Redman

Post by Redman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:21 am

All good points

There is always a balance for manufacturers and customers

Exactly where that lies is a matter for debate and personal preference

For the poster who enquired re changing from an F pace to Stelvio, with experience if both vehicles I would give positive feedback about the Stelvio

I have learnt some important points from these last two car acquisitions

I did not do enough homework on the F pace

The motoring press has huge conflicts of interest and I would not rely on their writings

The JD power survey is probably your best guide to the wisdom of your purchase, at least it's based on actual user data

Owners forums can be very useful as a source of real world information - but that is dependent on independence and autonomy. If they are aggressively policed to sustain a single viewpoint, they will be of no more value than the motoring media

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 am

There is a very good article on the Rivian in Car magazine this month.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”