Mercedes
12%
None of the above
15%

Total votes: 34

Deltasierra

Re: Next car choice?

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:03 pm

I have the MY 18 3.0D with standard ICT and so far no issues at all, the car does everything I want and although I'm not sure about petrol or diesel the FPace suits well.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

DarrenA

Post by DarrenA » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:14 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:20 pm
Moved to VW Tiguan R Line 240 and not had a days issue. ;)

We had more problems with our Tiguan R-Line (now gone) than we have had with the F-Pace to date. Just for balance.
F-Pace 2.0 (240PS) R-Sport in Black. Heated Windscreen, folding mirrors, Lumbar, Opening Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Rear View Camera

DPE

Post by DPE » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:42 pm

If you still have an FPace you do have an up to date comment. I do not think it fair if anyone has sold an FPace several months ago to still be here and commenting on the FPace that they do not know about any improvements and since they bailed out of ownership.
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:36 pm

And a quick update from me. Family emerged after a 600 mile journey to Germany saying it felt really short and not tired at all. The driver coped with torrential rain most of the way including the last 350 miles on the Autobahn much of it in the dark with rain and spray. ADSR was invaluable as the Autobahn had unpredictable areas of surface water. I felt it kick in a couple of times due to aquaplaning after hitting water patches at speed but the car was amazingly sure footed. Seriously impressed with handling in terrible adverse conditions. LEDs worked great as well though I had to turn off auto dim once. Car was smooth and powerful. No issues whatsoever. Fantastic bit of kit and no intentions of complaining or changing it anytime soon. MPG fell to 27 on Autobahn but we were travelling largely at 150km/hr to 170km/hr due to rain on unrestricted sections but managed some short sections over 200km/hr in parts without rain and spray. Top class :D
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

craig999

Post by craig999 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:20 am

DPE I sold my F-Pace but have nothing but good comments about the car and the F-Pace SVR is maybe my next car also I enjoy reading about updates and changes that are being made to the car and also enjoy being part of the forum.
I still visit RRSPORT forum and M3 cutters with great interest and never had anyone say forum members should leave because they have changed car I change most years and do go back to previous models I've owned before so I hope I'm still welcome on the forum.
But I do agree people who have changed their cars should stop all the negative comments when like you say there views are out of date .
3.0L Diesel S

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 am

I've no intention of changing my FP for some time yet, I'm still very happy with it as my daily driver, but I have already decided that I won't be having another diesel after this when I do change again. I fully expect to go for an EV next time. We already have our first EV in the household, a superb little BMW i3 which is a fabulous car, vastly different to the FP of course, but that's actually one of the things I really like about it; that it is quite unlike anything else I've driven . . and quite unlike any other BMW for that matter, so much so that I'd guess most conventional BMW drivers probably wouldn't even consider an i3.

I really desperately wanted to like Jag's I-Pace 'cos it looks and drives just like a Jag should, but all the reports on the I-Pace forum of problems with glitchy, laggy software, frozen screens and charging/efficiency issues with the car are very severely off-putting. That's not to mention it's higher purchase price to start with. None of this should really be a surprise, especially with Jag's past record on getting ICTP software right, but spending a small fortune to buy yourself a whole load of blank-screen hassles has absolutely no appeal to me, thanks.

I completely agree that every car brand can have problems, so my next purchase is going to be a difficult choice to make, but I'll consider everything carefully and hopefully get the vehicle that really meets my motoring and planet-saving requirements ;)

As things stand, JLR don't have anything in their current or up-coming ranges that'll do it for me next time.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Postl

Post by Postl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:29 pm

I'm happy with my F Pace after 18 months and love the car. However, like others i'm not in the market for a new car yet and won't be for a number of years. But as Catwoman said nothing to entice me within the JLR range at the moment, unless things change wont be buying a Diesel and will be keeping the price tag below 40k due to tax hike.

Paul
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:17 am

Other than the (hated) stop/start never having worked, I've not really had any problems with mine. Buggered if I'm keeping it after the warranty's up though - probably move on to an X6 or GLE.
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am

catwoman wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 am
.....hopefully get the vehicle that really meets my motoring and planet-saving requirements ;)
The search for my next car may be over . . . this could be just the vehicle I've been looking for :D

The Rivian R1T . . . just totally Awesome!

Now if JLR were making a forward-thinking Range Rover like this maybe they wouldn't be in so much trouble.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 am

catwoman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am
catwoman wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 am
.....hopefully get the vehicle that really meets my motoring and planet-saving requirements ;)
The search for my next car may be over . . . this could be just the vehicle I've been looking for :D

The Rivian R1T . . . just totally Awesome!

Now if JLR were making a forward-thinking Range Rover like this maybe they wouldn't be in so much trouble.
That's one UGLY car. :o :lol:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”