Free 200M per month data sim

The place to discuss everything else..
June16

Free 200M per month data sim

Post by June16 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Over on the DS forum there’s a link to. Free 200 M per month Sim, it’s not much data but enough to run traffic etc.

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/view ... 493#p98700

Though some folks on here might want one too.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

KeithL

Re: Free 200M per month data sim

Post by KeithL » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:21 pm

I use 181 Mb per month on average, and that includes my high-usage first month as I tried everything out, so thanks for flagging this up.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 pm

MY19 owners get 500M free data SIM. Don't try topping this up though, they want your first born for 1 MB of data!
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

big jon

Post by big jon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 am

KeithL wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:21 pm
I use 181 Mb per month on average, and that includes my high-usage first month as I tried everything out, so thanks for flagging this up.
Hi Keith, how do you find out how much data you use per month/year.
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 am

Our current SIM is from O2 and you can track usage from your online account, but the car also tracks it.

From memory (the car is with the dealer at the moment) you go into Settings and Connectivity and it shows usage and total data capacity of the SIM card. Usage resets each month although you can select the day of the month it does so, which means you have to remember to check it the day before. I then track the figures on a spreadsheet.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

big jon

Post by big jon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks Keith
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

big jon

Post by big jon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 am

just received my free sim, but it is a pain to activate because it has to be registered, they have to be fitted in a phone and 3 send you a link to register. I gave up and fitted a 24 month 24g.

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Got one of these SIMs from 3 th other week and have had no joy in registering it from the car - keeps saying there's a problem with the certificate of the website.

I'm going to give it one last shot from an old phone (one that takes the same SIM size as the car) but failing that, is there not a way I can have all the data needed to be sucked down from my mobile phone, which is paired to the car?

What exactly does the SIM data connection give you? Is if traffic (mine keeps saying no traffic data available), or maps or what? I've successfully updated the map data last week but that was when the car was linked to the home wifi.

Coming from 20 years of Audi ownership, I am a little frustrated by the ICTP interface, it's great in certain aspects, but sucks in others (no voice tags for navigation for instance!!).

Any general pointers on it all gratefully received.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Grey Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist, tow-bar and lumbar).

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 pm

MiCoHi wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:23 pm
Got one of these SIMs from 3 th other week and have had no joy in registering it from the car - keeps saying there's a problem with the certificate of the website.

I'm going to give it one last shot from an old phone (one that takes the same SIM size as the car) but failing that, is there not a way I can have all the data needed to be sucked down from my mobile phone, which is paired to the car?

What exactly does the SIM data connection give you? Is if traffic (mine keeps saying no traffic data available), or maps or what? I've successfully updated the map data last week but that was when the car was linked to the home wifi.

Coming from 20 years of Audi ownership, I am a little frustrated by the ICTP interface, it's great in certain aspects, but sucks in others (no voice tags for navigation for instance!!).

Any general pointers on it all gratefully received.
You should have to register the sim , you just put it in and it detects it’s from 3.
I’ve nepver had to register a sim yet.

You need to follow the instructions for putting in the sim and setting up live services

Details are here
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/inco ... ation.html

Have you tried
“Store navigation voicetag “

Worth a try , it may just work?

To add a voicetag:

Briefly press the voice button to start a voice session.
Wait for the tone to sound and say store phone voicetag, store radio voicetag, or store TV voicetag.
For radio and television, the user must be listening to the station or channel they wish to create a voicetag for.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks for the advice on SIM install and voice-tags. I've done as per the SIM instructions, but still have to register it.

As to voice tags, I'll look into it further - does seem odd that there's no basic pre-stored tags for navigation features though, but plenty for music and telephone functions.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Grey Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist, tow-bar and lumbar).

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”