Considering F-Pace S (New vs Ex Jaguar Management)

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Smitten

Re: Considering F-Pace S (New vs Ex Jaguar Management)

Post by Smitten » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 am

HB_NORM wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 pm
Thank you for the reviews so far. Like you Smitten we have had previous BMW's and Audi's most recently a brand new Audi S3 that had an engine failure due to a component issue after 3 months. Since then, we have been knocked back in confidence, and although you hear bad press about manufactures and particular models, I'm concerned that the F-Pace is still having issues reported. We have been offered a brand new one which retails at £64,660 so its very highly sought after specification, but reading reviews puts an element of doubt, which at that price is making our decision harder.
Tough decision. We had a Mini with total failure of engine management unit at 4000 miles and it has completely tarnished the car and it's quality image in our eyes The dealer was useless as well. I suspect in this day and age none of the big manufacturers are immune from issues. My car has been excellent. No issues whatsoever. Dealers have been excellent too. I am sure I can't be the only one but good news isnt really news and never gets written about.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

HB_NORM

Post by HB_NORM » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 am
HB_NORM wrote:
Thank you for the reviews so far. Like you Smitten we have had previous BMW's and Audi's most recently a brand new Audi S3 that had an engine failure due to a component issue after 3 months. Since then, we have been knocked back in confidence, and although you hear bad press about manufactures and particular models, I'm concerned that the F-Pace is still having issues reported. We have been offered a brand new one which retails at £64,660 so its very highly sought after specification, but reading reviews puts an element of doubt, which at that price is making our decision harder.
Tough decision. We had a Mini with total failure of engine management unit at 4000 miles and it has completely tarnished the car and it's quality image in our eyes The dealer was useless as well. I suspect in this day and age none of the big manufacturers are immune from issues. My car has been excellent. No issues whatsoever. Dealers have been excellent too. I am sure I can't be the only one but good news isnt really news and never gets written about.
I've just noticed Smiten that the car we have been offered is Santorini Black with very similar specification as yours! Difference of Meridan Surround, Drive pack and a few extras but for some unknown reason it doesn't have rear remote release. The cheapest option which is most useful. :lol:

I can't help but notice that a RR Velar with similar specification is a few thousand pounds more but the guaranteed future minimum value is £13,670 extra! Are Jaguar conservative for a reason?

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Not sure why the Velar would have a higher resale value. What is this as a percentage of on the road price for both? Much difference? Options never count for much at selling time...

I would go with the car you want rather than worrying about what you will sell it for down the line. It's a depreciating asset so I would decide based on practicality and the fun factor and just accept it will be worth less than you paid for it at the end! Good luck.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:49 pm

HB_NORM wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm
Smitten wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 am
HB_NORM wrote:
I've just noticed Smiten that the car we have been offered is Santorini Black with very similar specification as yours! Difference of Meridan Surround, Drive pack and a few extras but for some unknown reason it doesn't have rear remote release. The cheapest option which is most useful. :lol:

I can't help but notice that a RR Velar with similar specification is a few thousand pounds more but the guaranteed future minimum value is £13,670 extra! Are Jaguar conservative for a reason?
No, think the re-sell value drops quicker on the Jaguar brand compared to the Land Rover or Range Rover brand.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:28 am

In fairness there is no reason why the depreciation of Jaguar vehicles, the FPace in particular should depreciate quicker the Land Rover brand, the fault rate is 127 for Jag and 300 for LR vehicles, even the Porsche brand has a higher fault rate. So all those pious Macan owners are being very biased in their reporting, there are plenty of negative reports in the Macan forum.

The reality is if you trade in any premium vehicle early the depreciation is going to hurt, especially when the economic prospects are tight, having said that there may be some vehicles in short supply that sell at a premium second hand, but a volume brand like Jaguar is unlikely to be in that company.

In response to a market collapse in China, JLR are cashing in large numbers of stock and ex management vehicles to get some cash flow going and that is depressing the price, good housekeeping for them. It's the fault rate on Landrover vehicles that is a real concern, when a customer can buy the equivalent Lexus or Toyota or VW that is reliable, the desirability of a brand suffers. If I was a premium buyer in China or Asia or Africa I would not touch Landrover. However now they have less cars to build JLR now have the opportunity to concentrate on quality control and get the vehicles right, that includes suppliers too, it's clear that lowest cost components have been used cutting corners on quality.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Return to “Introductions”