Map update now available for the standard “Touch” display SD Card

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Craigann B

Map update now available for the standard “Touch” display SD Card

Post by Craigann B » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Finally the map update is now available for the InService Touch SD Card Sat Nav.
I have been regularly checking for updates since I picked up my F-Pace last March 2017 as there was a few new bridges and motorways missing.
The update is available from Jaguar using their programme.:
jaguar.naviextras.com

But the cost is £97.00. I complained when I picked up the car as it was showing a 2016 map. The dealership agreed to pay for a update so here’s hoping they refund me, still waiting after a week.

I have found a problem downloading the upgrade to the original SD card supplied with the car as this card is a 8GB with 7.45GB usable space.
I think the new map upgrade is maxing out this card and not allowing the maps to be transferred and going into lockout.
I tried a 32GB SD Card and it downloaded right away.
So first of all copy your original card to your PC then copy the files to a larger SD card to let it update from the map programme.
I have Contacted Jaguar Customer Support two weeks ago and still awaiting their technical response to this fault.

I don’t see much updates scrolling through the maps in the car.
The new Mersey Gateway Bridge is there, but the motorways over the River Forth are still using the old bridge as the M90 and not the Queensway Crossing.
Various motorway updates are still missing.
So I would not recommend spending £97.00 unless you get your dealership to pay.
MY17. F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

JOCK55

Re: Map update now available for the standard “Touch” display SD Card

Post by JOCK55 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Craigann B wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:00 pm
I don’t see much updates scrolling through the maps in the car.
The new Mersey Gateway Bridge is there, but the motorways over the River Forth are still using the old bridge as the M90 and not the Queensway Crossing.
Various motorway updates are still missing.
So I would not recommend spending £97.00 unless you get your dealership to pay.
This is strange as the new Queensferry Crossing (not Queensway!) is on the map on my MY19 satnav, I don't see why they would update one version of the map and not others, especially seeing that the Queensferry Crossing has been open for over a year now. By the way it is the FIRTH of Forth that it crosses NOT a river, but a sea inlet. ;)

Cheers,

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

DPE

Re: Map update now available for the standard “Touch” display SD Card

Post by DPE » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:43 pm

I thought that all software Up Grades were free and included during the 3 year warranty period ?
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”