Arriving Soon

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
adeolly

Arriving Soon

Post by adeolly » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Hello all - The wait is nearly over. My new F-Pace R-Sport has now been built and I will soon take delivery...
Looking forward to driving a Jag again... after an X-type and a couple of XFs I've been driving an Audi Allroad the past couple of years, and its been good, with a superb V6 engine, but not exciting. Another Audi beckoned, but I've always yearned for an F-Pace.. I just hope it lives up to my expectations. I'm currently chasing the dealer to ensure ITCP 18c is loaded. I've been using Apple CarPlay extensively in the Audi, and it'd be a bonus not to lose it. Pictures will follow.
MY19, 2.0D AWD, R-Sport, Polaris, LEDs, Piemento, power fold mirrors, 380W Meridian, TFT instruments, power seats, space saver... excellent ITCP 18C now with Apple CarPlay

DjP

Re: Arriving Soon

Post by DjP » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 am

I hope you enjoy it, at least in the 3.0 v6 engine I have, you can definitely call the drive "exciting" - it's a fun car to drive! The voyage of discovery of the ITCP technology is boring and detracts from ownership, so hopefully you can get a software version that supports what you need it to do and you can enjoy the car!
DjP

SwiftPaws

Post by SwiftPaws » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Welcome! As far as I read here in the forum, at least the new builds should get the update and deliveries with CarPlay or AA.
I wish you lots of fun.
F-Pace 3.0d Portfolio, ICTP + winter package
MJ17

adeolly

Post by adeolly » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Arrived !!

Delighted with the car.... ITCP is way better than I was expecting after reading all the moans and groans here and elsewhere. Car is much sharper to drive than my prior A4 Allroad. I've already covered 970 miles and no faults save an iffy SIM card reader which will be replaced shortly. I didn't quite realise how wide the car is and how thick the doors are. Really do need to be selective when picking parking spaces :)
MY19, 2.0D AWD, R-Sport, Polaris, LEDs, Piemento, power fold mirrors, 380W Meridian, TFT instruments, power seats, space saver... excellent ITCP 18C now with Apple CarPlay

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:13 am

Great looking car! Congratulations! What prompted the change from Audi?

Interesting comparison with the Audi 3.0 Allroad. I came from an A6 Avant 2.0tdi 180ps to a 3.0v6 diesel. My Audi was a great motorway cruiser but this car is much more fun to drive.

Enjoy that new car feeling!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

adeolly

Post by adeolly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Smitten wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:13 am

Interesting comparison with the Audi 3.0 Allroad. I came from an A6 Avant 2.0tdi 180ps to a 3.0v6 diesel. My Audi was a great motorway cruiser but this car is much more fun to drive.

The Audi was a change for me from Jags.. I had 2 x XFs before and, ahem, a FWD Diesel x-type estate. (Not the best drive train ever). The Audi was incredibly well built (better than F-Pace), mega refined (better than F-Pace) and as you say a fantastic and economical motorway cruiser. I covered 37,000 miles in 24 months. But, I grew to hate the DSG gearbox that was an absolute liability at junctions, the door and sill design that meant dirty trousers any time it was wet, the steering vague and numb, and, well, that car was very efficient but a bit sterile and souless. Then the minor fact that Audi (and Porsche) Were totally unprepared for WLTP with production halted on many lines. I was quoted six months for an Audi Q5, A5 production halted etc. This is why Audi sales have been down 50% the last couple of months - they have few cars.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:35 am

adeolly wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 pm
Smitten wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:13 am

The Audi was a change for me from Jags.. I had 2 x XFs before and, ahem, a FWD Diesel x-type estate. (Not the best drive train ever). The Audi was incredibly well built (better than F-Pace), mega refined (better than F-Pace) and as you say a fantastic and economical motorway cruiser. I covered 37,000 miles in 24 months. But, I grew to hate the DSG gearbox that was an absolute liability at junctions, the door and sill design that meant dirty trousers any time it was wet, the steering vague and numb, and, well, that car was very efficient but a bit sterile and souless. Then the minor fact that Audi (and Porsche) Were totally unprepared for WLTP with production halted on many lines. I was quoted six months for an Audi Q5, A5 production halted etc. This is why Audi sales have been down 50% the last couple of months - they have few cars.
Yes I agree on quality. My A6 was solid and utterly reliable. However, it chewed through front tyres every 12000 miles and I find the 3.0 V6 diesel is more economical if driven carefully than the 2.0 tdi perhaps due to a more recent engine design and the amount of aluminium in the F Pace? Like you I found steering a bit vague. There were quite a few on here that had WLTP delays as well but not as bad as that!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Introductions”