Residuals on 1st Editions

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
SonicPace

Residuals on 1st Editions

Post by SonicPace » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Long time no visit, I hope you're all enjoying your cars.

I originally bought a 1st edition but only kept it for 6 months due to various problems (software mainly as we all know).

I've been watching in on the market for the last 12-18 months slowly dropping in price.

https://used.jaguar.co.uk/model-f-pace/ ... ls/2865772

I sold it at 63k, then I've seen it for sale at 52, 48, 46, 44, and now 43. It's not changed hands for over a year. There are 16 first editions for sale within the Jaguar network so it's hard for them to be unique enough to hold their value. I think there are bargains to be had here as they're simply not selling.

Interesting to watch anyway, I thought long and hard about whether I should purchase a 1st edition, and had convinced myself that the "halo" model was the one to go for.

catwoman

Re: Residuals on 1st Editions

Post by catwoman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:44 pm

There's one in my neck of the woods on sale at a non-Jag dealer for just under £42k.

Unfortunately it was a compromised model right from the start by not having the correct offering of options; always felt it was a bit of a mish-mash, the interior special houndstooth leather was too light in colour to be practical for general day-to-day wear and the darker helix wheels weren't sufficiently eye-catchingly different to set it apart. The death knell sounded when Caesium Blue became available on any spec, so I'm not surprised that used values aren't holding up well. When the SVR is eventually out there on used forecourts too, say in a year or two, the FE may look even less attractive a proposition for secondhand buyers.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:40 pm

SonicPace wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:32 pm
Long time no visit, I hope you're all enjoying your cars.

I originally bought a 1st edition but only kept it for 6 months due to various problems (software mainly as we all know).

I've been watching in on the market for the last 12-18 months slowly dropping in price.

https://used.jaguar.co.uk/model-f-pace/ ... ls/2865772

I sold it at 63k, then I've seen it for sale at 52, 48, 46, 44, and now 43. It's not changed hands for over a year. There are 16 first editions for sale within the Jaguar network so it's hard for them to be unique enough to hold their value. I think there are bargains to be had here as they're simply not selling.

Interesting to watch anyway, I thought long and hard about whether I should purchase a 1st edition, and had convinced myself that the "halo" model was the one to go for.
It’s reasonable to assume a 50% depreciation on average over a 3 year period. On this evidence the FE appears to be doing OK!

SonicPace

Post by SonicPace » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:04 pm

I certainly was hoping for it to be better than ok at the time. Comparing the car now against a Porsche Macan GTS (the other car I was looking at when I bought the F-Pace) - that seems to have faired a lot better.

Both were 65k brand new. The cheapest GTS on Autotrader is 54k.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:44 pm

There was one on Autotrader last week for 38K

Just looked and sold as no longer showing.

They are now sub 40K if you went into the dealer and drives a bargain.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”