Post by CS@Jaguar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:46 pm

June16 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 am
CS@Jaguar wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:36 am
June16 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:02 pm
Hi
I am, as I guess many others will be, looking for winter tyres shortly.
I have 255/55/R19 tyres fitted.

I’ve looked at the OE recommendation in the manual , which shows the same tyres as listed in topix
http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/documen ... c/G1879446

I noticed that the MY18 and MY19 OE winter tyre recommendation list contain tyres that have now been superceeded in some cases with later models by the manufacturers.
In effect the:
Continental TS 850p is now superceeded by the TS 860 S
Will the OE recommended tyres be updated to reflect , the manufacturers changes?

Secondly in this tyre size will JLR now recommend an all weather tyre, such as the
Michelin CrossClimate SUV. 255/55 R19 111 W XL

It’s seems tyres are not being updated or tested to reflect current market trends , new products released and availability.

Thanks
Hi June16,

Thank you for you enquiry.

I can confirm the approved Jaguar tyres advised in your vehicle handbook are tested by Jaguar to ensure that they meet with the requirements for our vehicles at the time of manufacture of the vehicle.

As I am sure you can appreciate, there may be times where the tyre manufacture offer a new tyre in place of a previously available tyre that meets with the same standard. We are unfortunately unable to continually test and review tyres each time a change or amendment is made to the tyres that a manufacturer produce. However should the tyre manufacturer offer a new tyre in place of the OE supplied tyre, provided it was of the same specification as documented in your vehicle handbook with the same driving characteristics, it would meet with our approval.

I have taken the opportunity to discuss this with Pirelli and they have confirmed that the Scorpion Winter tyres are available. I have contacted Continental in regards to the comments raised and I am currently waiting for a response.

In order to seek confirmation of compatibility I would recommend speaking to the tyre manufacturer, who should be able to provide you with details of equivalent tyres that are currently available.

Alternatively your local approved retailer would be able to assist further.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thanks, Becci
Thanks Becci,
It would be good if you can get an answer from Continental , they do say on their own website that they are currently liasing with several manufactures for type approval for the 860 S and I was hoping Jaguar was one of those manufacturers.

Thanks
HI June16,

Continental have advised that they do not stock the approved tyres in the UK. However, upon contacting them they would be able to place orders.

Alternatively on their website you can find stockists local to you that have the approved Continental tyres in stock. Please follow the link below.

https://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/car ... son=winter

Please note that the approved tyre is the TS 850 P.

Thanks,

Becci

Smitten

Re: Winter Tyres

Post by Smitten » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:50 pm

I contacted Pirelli regarding the 265/40 R22 winter tyre and the response is clear:

contactcentertyres.uk@pirelli.com
08:47 (5 hours ago)
to me, claimsandtechnicalenquiries.uk

Good morning Garry,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that in the size 265/40R22 with the load and speed of 106W, the Pirelli Scorpion winter has been approved by Jaguar and homologated (tailor made) for the Jaguar F-Pace and also, the I-Pace and Range Rover Velar.

Kind regards,
Sam
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:55 pm

CS@Jaguar wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:46 pm
June16 wrote:
CS@Jaguar wrote:

Hi June16,

I can confirm the approved Jaguar tyres advised in your vehicle handbook are tested by Jaguar to ensure that they meet with the requirements for our vehicles at the time of manufacture of the vehicle.

As I am sure you can appreciate, there may be times where the tyre manufacture offer a new tyre in place of a previously available tyre that meets with the same standard. We are unfortunately unable to continually test and review tyres each time a change or amendment is made to the tyres that a manufacturer produce. However should the tyre manufacturer offer a new tyre in place of the OE supplied tyre, provided it was of the same specification as documented in your vehicle handbook with the same driving characteristics, it would meet with our approval.

I have taken the opportunity to discuss this with Pirelli and they have confirmed that the Scorpion Winter tyres are available. I have contacted Continental in regards to the comments raised and I am currently waiting for a response.

In order to seek confirmation of compatibility I would recommend speaking to the tyre manufacturer, who should be able to provide you with details of equivalent tyres that are currently available.

Thanks, Becci
Thanks Becci,
It would be good if you can get an answer from Continental , they do say on their own website that they are currently liasing with several manufactures for type approval for the 860 S and I was hoping Jaguar was one of those manufacturers.

Thanks
HI June16,

Continental have advised that they do not stock the approved tyres in the UK. However, upon contacting them they would be able to place orders.

Alternatively on their website you can find stockists local to you that have the approved Continental tyres in stock. Please follow the link below.

Thanks,

Becci
But there in lies the problem Becci.

If you put my car in Continentals own site that you linked to, it is a 25t which is the 184kw AWD This then does not give you the option of 19 inch rims.

Even when you contact suppliers you hit the same issue .
Whilst it’s poosible to get a set of Continental 850p from many sights none are listed as approved for Jaguar. Only by special order.

Is this something the “tyres” department is aware of.i.e recommending tyres we can’t get , and that Continental dont stock in the UK?

I find it hard to believe that Jaguar recommend tyres for 19 inch rims that are not available, even when you contact local suppliers.

Is it any wonder folks are just putting non OE tyres on ?

It seems it s Pirelli or nothing which isn’t a good choice.

7A569AFF-B034-433C-BFAC-CD4EE1C5222D.png

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:03 pm

CS@Jaguar wrote:
June16 wrote:
CS@Jaguar wrote:

Hi June16,

Thanks, Becci
Thanks Becci,

Thanks
HI June16,

Thanks,

Becci
Oh and as for Michelin Alpin LA 2 , Michelin don’t appera to have those either for winter.

E968898D-B84C-4061-A351-EA447972A1C4.png

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

CS@Jaguar

Post by CS@Jaguar » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:27 pm

June16 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:55 pm
CS@Jaguar wrote:
June16 wrote:

Thanks Becci,

Thanks
HI June16,

Thanks,

Becci
But there in lies the problem Becci.

If you put my car in Continentals own site that you linked to, it is a 25t which is the 184kw AWD This then does not give you the option of 19 inch rims.

Even when you contact suppliers you hit the same issue .
Whilst it’s poosible to get a set of Continental 850p from many sights none are listed as approved for Jaguar. Only by special order.

Is this something the “tyres” department is aware of.i.e recommending tyres we can’t get , and that Continental dont stock in the UK?

I find it hard to believe that Jaguar recommend tyres for 19 inch rims that are not available, even when you contact local suppliers.

Is it any wonder folks are just putting non OE tyres on ?

It seems it s Pirelli or nothing which isn’t a good choice.

7A569AFF-B034-433C-BFAC-CD4EE1C5222D.png
Hi June 16,

I can confirm that the relevant area of the business have been made aware of your concerns, with reference to the availability of Jaguar approved tyres.

The Tyre manufacturers have also been notified. Unfortunately at this moment in time, I am unable to comment further.

Should any further information become available I will ensure that the details are posted within the forum.

Apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thank,

Becci

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Thanks Becci,

Hi Becci ,
I escalated this to Continental tyres re the 850P too, please see their answer below , they are continuing to investigate too.and have now escalated to their OE department re approval 🤔.
If I get an update Ill let you know.

Thanks

From Continental.
The information I have is a little unclear. It says in the notes "Phase 2 Jaguar, Land Rover" but does not show that it has the "J" or "LR" marking.
I will contact our OE people and try to get clarification.

Regards

Mr Gwyn Fennell
(Technical Service Manager UK & Ireland)

Visitors Address:
Continental Tyre Group Ltd
DC2 Castle Mound Way
Rugby
United Kingdom
CV23 0WB

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Becci,
I received the following response from Continental , this seems to state they are a generic tyre that are approved and not one specifically developed for Jaguar or Landrover unlike Pirelli that carries the J.

So instead of asking for Jaguar Approved Continental TS850P Winter Tyres , we should just be asking for off the shelf TS850P winter Tyres. This makes supply of these easier but might not be known by all suppliers as I have found.

I’m looking forward to your findings when you have them.

Dear xxxxxx
I have now had some feedback. I am not in Monday so apologies for e-mailing on a Sunday but needed to keep on top of the queries.
I can understand the confusion because it’s common practice for us not to mark winter tyres with the J marking as they are not specifically developed for JLR, unlike the OE summer tyres. Instead, JLR test a number of “off the shelf” winter tyres and approve the ones they feel work acceptably well on their cars.
In 255/55R19 we had originally Conti 4x4 Winter Contact approved for discovery (L319) but that was succeeded by TS850P in 255/55R19 for FPace and Velar.
As an EU winter fit with Conti Viking Contact for Nordic fitment.

Therefore in our range it appears the tyre I suggested is one of the approved winter fitments.

Hope this clarifies.
Regards

Mr Gwyn Fennell
(Technical Service Manager UK & Ireland)

Visitors Address:
Continental Tyre Group Ltd
DC2 Castle Mound Way
Rugby
United Kingdom
CV23 0WB

mik

Post by mik » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 am

Its been mild, so just got round to fitting the Vredstein Wintrac Pro’s today.

Still covered in tyre sealant soap, so not pretty, but as you can see - 275/40/22 fit no problemo.

Oem rear

275 winter rear

Oem front

275 winter front
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

mik

Post by mik » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 pm

2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am

mik - your images aren't showing on my screen. However, I'm somewhat surprised to see that you (appear to) have actually ordered wider winter wheels than summer? Advice tends to be to go for same or narrower wheels for the winter variant on the basis that the smaller surface area means increased pressure per unit area so heating up the blocks more quickly, and providing better grip providing better grip.
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”