Complaints regarding Jaguar Assist

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
June16

Re: Complaints regarding Jaguar Assist

Post by June16 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:03 pm

I think the service you receive very much depends where you live.

Whether you get AA or Jag assist as a jock says is very much driven by area.
I was lucky to have a choice of which I wanted and couldn’t fault the Jaguar Assist once they turned up , very helpful friendly chap that knew a lot about the FPace and my previous Discovery Sport. A good service I thought.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

DPE

Post by DPE » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Like most things in life today. The Brand and Product can be great, but the people that work for them can lower the bar of expectation if they are only picking up a wage and not supporting the person that pays the wage.
I have called out Jaguar Assist twice to the same issue. The Amber Transmission light came ON. 1st man JA, Says that I have a def filter full issue and Turbo issue. He forced when driving a filter clean. My question was, What about the Turbo issue? He replies, I am not listening and by clearing the filter issue will clear the Turbo issue. My question was what if the Turbo issue caused the Filter issue ? His reply "You think too much !".
3 weeks later, the same Amber Transmission light and DEf come back again. The 2nd JA turn up, takes a look and wonders why the Turbo has issues. That was the cause all along. A jamming EGR valve. Exchange of part and explanation why it happened. This JA man was not just picking up a wage each week. He was representing the Brand.
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:26 pm

DPE wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:47 pm
Like most things in life today. The Brand and Product can be great, but the people that work for them can lower the bar of expectation if they are only picking up a wage and not supporting the person that pays the wage.
I have called out Jaguar Assist twice to the same issue. The Amber Transmission light came ON. 1st man JA, Says that I have a def filter full issue and Turbo issue. He forced when driving a filter clean. My question was, What about the Turbo issue? He replies, I am not listening and by clearing the filter issue will clear the Turbo issue. My question was what if the Turbo issue caused the Filter issue ? His reply "You think too much !".
3 weeks later, the same Amber Transmission light and DEf come back again. The 2nd JA turn up, takes a look and wonders why the Turbo has issues. That was the cause all along. A jamming EGR valve. Exchange of part and explanation why it happened. This JA man was not just picking up a wage each week. He was representing the Brand.
It would have been a DPF filter full light?
Not that easy for some to diagnose , depends very much on their skill level .
Some technicians are good mechanics others are just fault code readers with no in depth knowledge..

Some of the exhaust gas is recirculated, it’s taken from a pipe just after the DPF filter (soot collector) it’s then fed back through an EGR valve ( opens and closes as and when recirculating of exhaust gas is required) ehaust .then goes through an EGR cooler ( to cool the hot exhaust ) the cook air then feeds back to the engine/turbo.
If the valve is jamming it’s usualy dirty , give it a good blast with some premium fuel .
It’s quite a common issue in modern diesels so the first guy should have known.

Depends also if it was actualy Jag Assist or the AA .
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

DPE

Post by DPE » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Both times were Jag Assist.
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

CS@Jaguar

Post by CS@Jaguar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm

DPE wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:47 pm
Hi DPE,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Chand - Jaguar UK

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”