Sadly Moving on :-(

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
andymiller

Sadly Moving on :-(

Post by andymiller » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 am

After the 3rd callout to jag assist last Monday in the last 8 months for issues with ‘incorrect DEF fluid detected’ ( even turned up at the dealers with 400miles range showing...sorry no diagnostic machine available for 4 weeks ring jag assist....took the man 30 mins to do on my drive) , 21 months from new with 4 visits to dealership to sort out non working dvd/cd player......no aircon for 2 weeks during height of heatwave( garage could get me in with courtesy car for 4 weeks or 2 weeks with no cc)......I have traded her in for a BMW 530d xDrive touring..( 11 months old with 14k miles)...collecting next sat......FYI. I tried the new Q5 3.0d and new X3 3.0d.....the Audi was v smooth but looks bland, the x3 on 21” wheels was no where near as good ride wise as the jag on 22”.

I still think the jag looks the best suv on the road and I have enjoyed every one of the 77,000 miles I have done in the last 26 months.....but, have had more time in the garage in 2 years than the last 10 yrs put together.

I’ll keep looking on to see how your getting on...
I hope you get better reliability than me.
So long..........

Ps replaced rear discs + pads at 64k, front discs + pads at 75k.
Drives: 3.0d S, Dark sapphire blue,Intouch pro,pano roof,privacy,22" turbine wheels,brogue leather,jet headlining,practicality pack,activity key,heated s/w,14 way electric seats,electric reclining rear seats,Luggage rails,space saver

Nubbin

Re: Sadly Moving on :-(

Post by Nubbin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:08 pm

What did the diagnostics say about the DEF fluid? Did you use incorrect fluid? (sorry never driven a new diesel so not sure about DEF stuff!)
The aircon - what was the problem? If it simply needed re0gassing, any local workshop could have sorted it.
Brakes and pads - 77k miles in 2 years is heavy use by any standard, so pads and discs at 77k miles is not unreasonable IMHO.
The CD player thing is annoying though.

I'm not defending the reliability of your particular car, but explanations of what happened would be helpful to put these issue into context.

Also, check out BMW X5 forums - plenty of people moaning about reliability problems with their cars as well!

I've just had the annual service on my F-Pace, with upgrade to the software etc. I have not had a single reliability issue with the car.
2018 380bhp V6 S. Carpathian grey, 20" gloss black wheels, black pack, LCD dash, LED signature headlights, privacy glass, panoramic roof, black/oyster leather, oyster headlining, InTouch Pro, 18-way memory seats, many shiny bits!

Postl

Re: Sadly Moving on :-(

Post by Postl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Sorry you've given up on the F Pace Andy think i would have done the same, but good luck with your new BMW. Hope you have many miles trouble free motoring mate.

Paul
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”