Caesium blue ex-management cars

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Media Man

Caesium blue ex-management cars

Post by Media Man » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Still trying to source a nearly used FP in Caesium blue (240/V6 but not first edition) and liaising with a couple of dealers in the hope of the right spec.

One dealer tells me that Jaguar has stopped putting Caesium Blue FP's 'into the system' as they were too many of them. By this my interpretation is that it refers to ex-management cars into use approved used scheme , so presumably they will go to auction?

Seems a bit of an odd move and might just be salesman's BS to persuade me to go for something they have in stock and cannot shift, but has anyone else hear similar? I've not seen a surfeit of them on the road, mainly grey/black/white models.
Still searching for the perfect F Pace....

June16

Re: Caesium blue ex-management cars

Post by June16 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:30 pm

I see today in the daily mail the reason for large discounts is now growing and gathering significant pace for dealers with unsold stock .
Any new vehicle that does not meet WLTP before 1st September cannot be sold as a new car after this date , all stock must be so,d as second hand !!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... paign=1490
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Media Man

Post by Media Man » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:10 pm

There's not as many zero mileage 18-plate cars appearing for sale as I may have expected 3 weeks before the WLTP deadline. I pass a local dealer's compound often and didn't spot an FP, just a few Land Rovers plus loads of smaller cars their other franchises sell. It could be dealers are preparing to register vehicles as new demonstrators before Aug 31, then, pushing older ones into the approved used scheme and there will be an influx from Sept 1 of used vehicles.

Having monitored prices of specific vehicles for many weeks, dealers are reluctant to drop prices to move them on and generate cash flow too, and TBH, some are still overpriced for a mediocre spec. Some dealers are also struggling to sell used E Paces too, suggesting the market has stagnated.

Anyway, I've no urgency to buy, and can wait for the right spec at the right price, even if it's in 6 months time.

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:20 pm

I suspect JLR have offloaded these “no milers” to their wholly owned subsidiary
https://www.carpedrive.com
Part of. https://www.inmotionventures.com

Thus keeping prices up

If you give your spec to a good dealer , they should be able to search and locate one for you , as with all things you might have to compromise on spec if not new.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:07 pm

I am intrigued by the phrase"ex Management" cars as there is no such thing within JLR in respect of cars being offered for sale by dealers. All JLR vehicles are registered by an agency based in Oxfordshire so the vehicles have OE OV OW OY registrations and are then distributed to the management, staff car scheme, friends and family, press cars, JLR track cars, daily rental such as Europe car,Avis, Hertz ETC.
When these cars have served their time they are returned to JLR and are then sold direct to the dealer network or at auction to the wider market. The V55 registration document states the registered keeper of the vehicle as Jaguar Land Rover PLC with absolutely no indication as to who was the previous user or users as the case could be with daily rental companies.Dealers have been known to have alluded to the fact that the car they are selling is Ex Management but they have no way of knowing who was the previous user and a dealer was caught out recently when the customer saw a picture in a magazine of his recently purchased"ex management" XF R being driven sideways at 90 MPH with smoke coming off the tyres!
So called JLR "ex management" cars may not always be what they seem in Caesium Blue or any other colour.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

Media Man

Post by Media Man » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Thanks for that Hydrajaws. I was aware of the management, staff and friends schemes as we've friends who work for JLR and I'm an old employee from Ford's period of ownership.

Didnt realise the day rental cars were also in the same registration grouping.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Hydrajaws wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:07 pm
I am intrigued by the phrase"ex Management" cars as there is no such thing within JLR in respect of cars being offered for sale by dealers. All JLR vehicles are registered by an agency based in Oxfordshire so the vehicles have OE OV OW OY registrations and are then distributed to the management, staff car scheme, friends and family, press cars, JLR track cars, daily rental such as Europe car,Avis, Hertz ETC.
When these cars have served their time they are returned to JLR and are then sold direct to the dealer network or at auction to the wider market. The V55 registration document states the registered keeper of the vehicle as Jaguar Land Rover PLC with absolutely no indication as to who was the previous user or users as the case could be with daily rental companies.Dealers have been known to have alluded to the fact that the car they are selling is Ex Management but they have no way of knowing who was the previous user and a dealer was caught out recently when the customer saw a picture in a magazine of his recently purchased"ex management" XF R being driven sideways at 90 MPH with smoke coming off the tyres!
So called JLR "ex management" cars may not always be what they seem in Caesium Blue or any other colour.
Totally agree 100%, i owned a pre-release first edition which was used on JLR stands at motor-shows which had the 3 litre supercharged petrol engine that was never available to the launched first edition models and had every extra you could add which again you could not do on the launch first edition model and the paperwork stated Jaguar Land Rover PLC as the first owner.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”