Extended warranty

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
RaVolVoR

Extended warranty

Post by RaVolVoR » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm

I know it's unlikely but has anyone got a quote for extending the 3 year warranty yet? I'm into last year and curious if it is an option and how much. Dealer never came back to me when I asked, so it might not be known yet.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

corriescar66

Re: Extended warranty

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:04 pm

RaVolVoR wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm
I know it's unlikely but has anyone got a quote for extending the 3 year warranty yet? I'm into last year and curious if it is an option and how much. Dealer never came back to me when I asked, so it might not be known yet.
Last time I did it on Range Rover it was about £1.2k, depending on the level of cover (with/without assistance etc).

They don't seem to give a reduction if you extend 3 years anymore. Its just full multiples per year.

I'll ask mine tomorrow as I go for my weekly update on why I'm still driving an XF 9 weeks later...

Wonder what the premium will be to keep the connect features/map updates etc...

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:15 pm

We have just had a quote from our Jaguar dealer:

12 months £875
24 months £1,535
36 months £2,195

However we were also offered a 20% reduction on these prices i.e. £700, £1,230 and £1,775 respectively. If I remember right these figures didn't include options for recovery etc.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

Deux Points

Post by Deux Points » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 pm

It could be worth checking if the Jaguar dealer is offering their own warranty or the Jaguar extended one.

A few years ago I was offered an Inchcape policy which did not provide the same level of cover, for example excluding entertainment / sat nav systems. I don't have much faith in the reliability of such F Pace systems: my first rejected F Pace had the unreliable ICTP (amongst many other faults); the second F Pace has the simple ICT, which after its first update to fix the intermittent reverse camera made the DAB only work properly on BBC (independent channels go in and out of reception even on major roads, e.g A3 between Guildford & Portsmouth).

Jaguar's website only appears to offer a year at a time. I'll be taking one out in due course but can't find anything about renewing the connect / journey recorder service after three years.

However, perhaps I'll come to my senses one day and sell the F Pace and the F Type and go Lexus! Apologies for going off topic.

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 am

Deux Points wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Jaguar's website only appears to offer a year at a time. I'll be taking one out in due course but can't find anything about renewing the connect / journey recorder service after three years.

However, perhaps I'll come to my senses one day and sell the F Pace and the F Type and go Lexus! Apologies for going off topic.
Cost for renewal of InControl Remote for XE appears to be £30 with JLR somewhat unprepared for managing the renewal process and some initial uncertatinty about what is included.

https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 304#p70429

Perhaps they will have their act together by the time F-Pace renewals come around but that may include a price hike.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

Deux Points

Post by Deux Points » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks for the advice - rather a long thread. I've sent the In Control team a mail and await their reply.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks for the comments. I'm only interested in a genuine jaguar extended warranty as I Think after market ones aren't worth the paper they are printed on. The incontrol/map updates is a secondary issue and recovery is a third but we have AA membership so that bit I can ignore.

Hopefully by early next year the dealers will be clued up. The £1500 2 year deal looks best and fits in with 5 year service plan. And I too worry that the built in systems are too scary and complex to consider the cost of repair.

Fyi I have gold AA membership and that includes up to £1000 key cover, so those of you who looked at the problems of replacing keys and found the central control unit has to be replaced too, might find this useful. It may not cover the full cost but takes sting out of it.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”