Prestige 20D AWD Auto

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
monalisasmiler

Prestige 20D AWD Auto

Post by monalisasmiler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:21 pm

I have just bought a new F Pace and done its first 300 miles motorway run this week but have found a few issues with it wondered if any others had experienced this when slowing to a stop and then setting off the car is very slow and needs a lot of acceleration to gain momentum and then can be noisy due to the revs.

On driving at 80s on the motorway I found it kept pulling to the right and wavering a bit has anyone else experienced this? Disappointing that the wing mirrors have to be pushed in on such an expensive car.

Thanks.

Mona

dataglo

Re: Prestige 20D AWD Auto

Post by dataglo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi Mona,
Regarding your first issue the recent thread "Engine noise on moving off" maybe what you are experiencing.
RDB1describes it very well. Have not experienced your second issue.

Regards
F-Pace. 3.0 diesel Portfolio MY 2019. Corris Grey, 20 ins Venom diamond cut, Lumbar, Memory pack, Park assist

monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Many thanks dataglo I've taken a look and it is yes and very slow too

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm

monalisasmiler wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:21 pm
On driving at 80s on the motorway I found it kept pulling to the right and wavering a bit
Have you checked your tyre pressures, that could account for it? . . . they have been known to be all over the place on some new vehicles if the dealer hasn't carried out the PDI properly.
monalisasmiler wrote:
Disappointing that the wing mirrors have to be pushed in on such an expensive car.
Door mirrors only fold automatically on vehicles equipped with the memory seat option, but I agree, it's nonsensicle that they don't all fold as standard. I find it can be a useful visual check that you've locked the car when they fold in automatically, but if you need them folded because of the width of the vehicle, then even when folded in the mirrors hardly physically move in much more than an inch or so anyway, so it's a pretty pointless design aspect really.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:18 pm

I’m not sure about the R-Sport but electrically folding door mirrors were standard on my Portfolio.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Wait until you find there is no washer fluid warning, unless you upgraded from the basic headlights this is the standard! I'm sorry to say but Jaguar cut corners in the wrong places in my view. automatic folding mirrors on a car so wide should be standard (I accept the point that it makes little difference but hopefully will reduce chance of being clipped by passing cars when parked), same with fluid alert! But you still have a car that most people envy and I'm sure you will enjoy it once you understand and accept these few annoyances and possibly get used to electrical items not always working at random times (this is just from my experience of two new Jags).
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm afraid the sepcification of the Prestige is not great, a good deal less than you expect from a Prestige Jaguar, even my wife's Kia Piccanto ( her choice ) has folding mirrors.
Second gear start certainly deters any ideas of beating any kid in a hatchback away from the traffic lights and a Mitsubishi PHEV SUV will leave you for dead, you just can't put your foot down and go, it's a characteristic of the car, exactly the same on the 3.0D only more so. To get the 0 to 60 times advertised they must have used 1st gear and changed manually.
Do check tyre pressures, on a level road it should run straight, one irritation I had was the Lane Departure warning vibrating the steering some way before the line, it can be turned off.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Great tip Catwoman - bought my car a couple of hundred miles away contacted local dealer who have said can take a look at the tracking as it mabye the steering but at a cost of £85 it seems ridiculous having spent nearly 40k that they still charge when the car is new. I will take a look at tyres, thanks so much.
catwoman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm
monalisasmiler wrote:
On driving at 80s on the motorway I found it kept pulling to the right and wavering a bit
Have you checked your tyre pressures, that could account for it? . . . they have been known to be all over the place on some new vehicles if the dealer hasn't carried out the PDI properly.
monalisasmiler wrote:
Disappointing that the wing mirrors have to be pushed in on such an expensive car.
Door mirrors only fold automatically on vehicles equipped with the memory seat option, but I agree, it's nonsensicle that they don't all fold as standard. I find it can be a useful visual check that you've locked the car when they fold in automatically, but if you need them folded because of the width of the vehicle, then even when folded in the mirrors hardly physically move in much more than an inch or so anyway, so it's a pretty pointless design aspect really.

monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 pm

catwoman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm
monalisasmiler wrote:

Many thanks will check this out - local dealer wanted £80 to check tracking, it seems a pity having spent nearly 40k on a car that they will not offer some things.
monalisasmiler wrote:
It is I seem to have gone backwards from what I had previously, electric seats, speed camera warnings sunroof but hopefully I will grow to love it :D I love the outside of it had just hoped felt better when driving but hopefully your tip about the tryes will sort it thanks so much :)

monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Deltasierra wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 pm
I'm afraid the sepcification of the Prestige is not great, a good deal less than you expect from a Prestige Jaguar, even my wife's Kia Piccanto ( her choice ) has folding mirrors.
Second gear start certainly deters any ideas of beating any kid in a hatchback away from the traffic lights and a Mitsubishi PHEV SUV will leave you for dead, you just can't put your foot down and go, it's a characteristic of the car, exactly the same on the 3.0D only more so. To get the 0 to 60 times advertised they must have used 1st gear and changed manually.
Do check tyre pressures, on a level road it should run straight, one irritation I had was the Lane Departure warning vibrating the steering some way before the line, it can be turned off.
Thanks I agree totally about the being left for dead when trying to put your foot down, considering swapping already - have selected lane departure warning only nothing came on, also had previously speed camera warnings on my Qashqai but haven't located on here as yet.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”