Car Tax

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Bob a

Re: Car Tax

Post by Bob a » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 am

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Jeez can anyone here use a dictionary and look up "sarcasm"?

My point is simple, jaguar as usual designed a car around technology that is out of date before launch. FOR EXAMPLE launched in 2016 with 3G connectivity in spite of 4G being around about 4 years earlier.... that's plain stupid.... but typical.

The ICTPro was a £1200 option at the time and functionally less able than basic ICT system FOR EXAMPLE sending / receiving text messages. My wife has 8 year old VW which has voice tags on the navigation system... and all the electrics work not part on the MY2017 build!

So the car is pretty for sure, but it's collectively not a good car. Mine has terrible ride around town and electrics that work when they want and not everyday, a sun roof where the one touch close is for a moment, it instantly returns to fully open after closing.

To buy a new Fpace, as close to same model with same options puts the car at around £52000 and that my friends means 5 years at £310 a year extra tax. Which is my point, to fix the problems means I have to pay more road tax. And a whole lot more money as well. For those still unable to make the connection, it is indirect, the fixes have consequences because of a change in vehicle licencing.

A bit off topic but for higher tax you get cars with 30months more development time.... So pay up but enjoy the car!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:02 pm

If I was you I would be on the phone complaining to Jaguar customer relations they listen a lot more than dealers do. When I had problems with my XJ6 even though it was way out of warranty I complained about how long it was going to take the dealer to fix it that got it done quicker. And when the sunroof rattled in my sportbrake they helped but opening sunroofs are all ways going to rattle I should have remembered from my two scorpios how bad they can be. They remind the dealer that they have a disgruntled customer and that is not good for Jaguar.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:40 am

RaVolVoR wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm
Jeez can anyone here use a dictionary and look up "sarcasm"?

My point is simple, jaguar as usual designed a car around technology that is out of date before launch. FOR EXAMPLE launched in 2016 with 3G connectivity in spite of 4G being around about 4 years earlier.... that's plain stupid.... but typical.

The ICTPro was a £1200 option at the time and functionally less able than basic ICT system FOR EXAMPLE sending / receiving text messages. My wife has 8 year old VW which has voice tags on the navigation system... and all the electrics work not part on the MY2017 build!

So the car is pretty for sure, but it's collectively not a good car. Mine has terrible ride around town and electrics that work when they want and not everyday, a sun roof where the one touch close is for a moment, it instantly returns to fully open after closing.

To buy a new Fpace, as close to same model with same options puts the car at around £52000 and that my friends means 5 years at £310 a year extra tax. Which is my point, to fix the problems means I have to pay more road tax. And a whole lot more money as well. For those still unable to make the connection, it is indirect, the fixes have consequences because of a change in vehicle licencing.

A bit off topic but for higher tax you get cars with 30months more development time.... So pay up but enjoy the car!
Sarcasm is normally lost in the hands of the person posting and in this case that was so, and not even funny.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”