Car Tax

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Postl

Re: Car Tax

Post by Postl » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:28 pm

AndyS wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:35 pm
So if i would have bought my car in March 2017 instead of July it would have been £140.

Paul
[/quote]

It's not when you bought the car, but about when it was registered ....

Another way to look at this, which I know will 'stir' some emotions:)..... Early adopters got a better deal on annual car tax, but more likely to have had issues with their cars which meant they were not using them! So pound per mile, later adopters are more likely to get better value for money :)
[/quote]

Now thats a good way to look at it i feel much better about it now as my Jag to date has been faultless (ive done it now haven't I :oops: ). Thank you Andy.
Now i don't want anyone who's only paying £140 quid to come and tell me how brilliant there car has been please.

Paul
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 pm

My early Fpace only has 3g connectivity, so I get slower data. Also dealer tells me voice control of navigation does not apply to my early car... Hence my lower tax is clearly merited. Not sure updating car to solve these is worth the extra tax.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Postl

Post by Postl » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 pm

RaVolVoR wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 pm
My early Fpace only has 3g connectivity, so I get slower data. Also dealer tells me voice control of navigation does not apply to my early car... Hence my lower tax is clearly merited. Not sure updating car to solve these is worth the extra tax.
I see your point, but you are driving a Jag that even though you have already paid 40k plus for the privilege you should really be paying the extra tax mate :D :D :D.
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 pm

RaVolVoR wrote:
3G we're stuck with, but voice control for nav, text messages etc is available via ICTP updates and works on mine....

£315 to renew this year.... A bit of a waste as so far it's been in the dealers for over 3 months since last November. But always good to keep the mileage down.

The very thorough investigations into my ICTP have shown that even new cars all have the same faults as mine, so I'll take the cheaper road tax in lieu of Caesium Blue

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 am

RaVolVoR wrote:
Sorry but that has nothing to do with the level of road tax you pay.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 am

Bob a wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 am
RaVolVoR wrote:
Are you sure? I was told if I specified pink fluffy dice for the rear view mirror it would push me into the next tax band so I didn't bother. If that won't affect my renewal then perhaps I'll see what's on eBay......

Postl

Post by Postl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:15 am

corriescar66 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 am
Bob a wrote:
RaVolVoR wrote:
Are you sure? I was told if I specified pink fluffy dice for the rear view mirror it would push me into the next tax band so I didn't bother. If that won't affect my renewal then perhaps I'll see what's on eBay......
I have it on good authority that pink fluffy dice on your rear view mirror actually puts your tax up by at least further 20% depends on the size of the dice. I going to fill up with diesel shortly, will have to look for the pump for cars over 40k as i should expect to pay extra :D

Paul

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:49 am

Bigger the better

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:12 am

Bob a wrote:
RaVolVoR wrote:
To fix these problems I would have to buy another Jag which for same spec and the fixes for these issues, will be in a higher road tax band so actually you are incorrect!, it has everything to do with road tax. The car is now at least 10% more expensive like for like with 300% increase in road tax for first 5 years. Neither are justified in my opinion as a value for money fix.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:03 am

Well if you think the higher car tax is used to give you better connectivity then that says it all.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”